Kalim headcanon

TRIGGER WARNING: ADHD!!

I do not mean to go around making diagnosis, this is just a headcanon.

I think Kalim has ADHD...

Think about it!

He distracts himself SO EASILY, he is always moving around and can't stay quiet or just sit still not to mention he is pretty impulsive...

I'm NO psychologist but it would explain certain things like:

1. He has a hard time studying and memorizing stuff in the traditional way since he fails to focus... back in the Episode 4 Azul must have noticed the fact that Kalim presented signs of possible ADHD so he taught him another method for him to memorize the ancient spells which was moving around while reading the spells out loud.

2. He forgets faces and has difficulty focusing. He couldn't remember either Yuu or Grimm when we met him in the episode 4 even though Grim burned his ass in the Orientation ceremony. And let's not forget he needs Jamil to put the books in his bag because otherwise he will completely forget.

3. Whenever someone explains something there's quite a number of times when he doesn't get it (yet he doesn't ask again. Maybe because he doesn't want to bother people).

4. He doesn't always notice things... like Jamil's resentment in episode 4 or Idia's discomfort in his Personal story when Kalim kept insisting over going to Scarabia to eat together when Idia just tried to tell him that he didn't want to go...

5. He acts before thinking. An example is Master Chef. He didn't even think before adding all the spices to the plate he first presented to Ruggie Bucchi who got instant stomachache with all the spices in the food. (This might just mean he is impulsive)

End of the headcanon do whatever you want with it 🤷.

Sincerely:

~ Jack🃏