Rollo who? Rollo when? Rolling in the deep

Okay apparently there are some people out there who do not know who this elegant, sour and most definitely traumatized guy is...

So let me over explain this as unbiased as possible...

Dear friends, enemies and enemies who pretend to be my friends... it is my despicable pleasure to introduce you to...
🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁

🔔Rollo Flamm🔔

This character has been introduced not long ago in the recent TWST Halloween event of

Twisted Wonderland
🎭Glorious Masquerade 🎭

As far as I have watched, the story goes like this until now:

During October, the Noble Bell College, a magic school small yet as prestigious as the Night Raven College, decided that they want to invite some representatives from the NRC over for the Masquerade festival in the Flower Town (where the Noble Bell College is) so that both academies can strengthen their bonds and be partners.

Crowley is happy and after a game of chance, the winners that go to the festival are:
Riddle, Deuce, Ruggie, Azul, Jamil, Rook, Epel, Idia, Silver and Sebek.

However, for a strange reason, the Noble Bell College's president of the student council, Rollo, asks Crowley if Malleus can come too and because of Grimm's complains' Crowley let's him and Yuu come along too.

Everything seems nice but apparently Rollo has a diabolical plan prepared for us.

....

NOW I DONT KNOW ABOUT YOU BUT I WAS JUMPING READY TO SEE WHAT WILL HAPPEN!
However, not everyone feels that way.

The problem starts with the character from which Rollo is based; Claude Frollo, the villain from the Disney movie "The Hunchback of Notre Dame".

Now, the thing with Frollo is that he is pretty much the scariest Disney Villain.
Judge Frollo is a noble man whose religious fanatism exceeds any healthy range; he is obsessed with purity and salvation and uses his power to oppress and step on those he considers inferior or not deserving of God's love, and in this group one can find the entirety of the Romani people and those who are different like Quasimodo.

The crimes of Frollo are many:
(TRIGGER WARNING S*Xu*L H*R*SSM*NT mentioned)

- murder
- attempted infanticide
- attempted genocide
- torture
- gaslighting
- corruption
- $€XUAl HA*A$$€NT
- Arson
- Abuse of power
- Domestic abuse

The list is large but the main reasons why people despise and fear him is because of the way he uses Religion and Power to oppress anyone who he believes to be inferior. He killed Quasimodo's parents, raised him isolated from the world, gaslit him into believing that no one but Frollo will ever love him or treat him like a human; he tried to erase the Romani people without mercy; and not only did he feel lust for Esmeralda, a 16 year old Romani girl, but also after realizing that fact, he blamed her for casting a "sinful spell" on him, leading him to search for her in order to either burn her alive, or keep her to himself...

He is an awful person (like every Disney villain) but he is also an extremely realistic one.

The fandom is angry due to the fact that such character is used to create a "cute anime boy" like Rollo, claiming that it's problematic and awful to see people simping over someone who was inspired on Frollo.

There are many opinions and statements being thrown.
Some arguments that people show are the fact that none of the villains are good people at the end of the day and some of them committed crimes similar to Frollo's; another one is the fact that, the boys from TWST are only similar to the original villains up to a certain point.
Some examples are:
- Leona never killed his brother.
- Jamil never tried to get any poor girl to fall in love with him by force.
- Idia never kidnapped anyone's child.
- they are all young boys.

Another argument is that the NRC students are all jerks at the end of the day:

- Riddle made Heartslabyul a hell making his residents cry wishing they could change dorms.
- Leona almost killed Ruggie
- Azul turned almost half of the school into slaves taking advantage of their weaknesses.

There are more examples but you get it.

Like I said, I don't want to be subjective so I give you as much as I can from both sides.

Maybe I am missing a lot of info but the discussion lies in whether making a character based on such villain as Frollo is too much or not.

GUYS. I gave you the info (and not complete probably) but please use your own brain and critical skills. Don't let yourself be dragged around by the masses. Think for yourself, no one will burn you alive for it! At least I won't.
Also don't take this as a life or death situation! It is a game after all.

Sincerely:

The Night Raven College

And Jack 🃏