Chapter 2

Mia

It's been three days since school has started.Everything seems to be settling down now.There's less of chaos in the hallways which was a pain.

Today in Mr.Brown's class Frank as usual came late.I stiffened again as he walked over and sat on the desk exactly adjacent to mine.I could feel Meredith smirking at me side ways.That bitch..

I was glancing at him time to time and he would be busy in doing all weird things.Like scratching in his book,playing with his pen,would use his phone..He was very distracted I observed.

When the class had ended I turned towards Frank's desk unconciously.He got his legs out of the desk now ready to stand when his eyes suddenly snapped up from his phone straight to mine.Well I just stared like a pig.

He was confused at first but managed to give me a small smile at which my heart fluttered setting all butterflies in my stomach in a dancing state.

Thanks to the heavens...I was aware of what was happening and not already passed out by his smile.I smiled back.

**

"What?" I asked Meredith.We were both were in the cafe as it was our lunch break.Neither of us had ever deliberately bunked a class.Ever.

"I said,I'm going home before the last class.Mom's not going to be at home and I need to take care of Blake.." she said. Blake was Meredith's two year old brother.

Meredith's mom,whenever she had any work would call Meredith home to babysit Blake.Not that she would  complain..but sometimes she had to miss her classes because of it.

"Oh..it's fine...I'll go home by walk today..besides,I have some studying to do at the library today so I'll be late..but please tell Blake I missed him..I've not seen him from a long time.."I told her.I actually needed to make some notes today in the library which would take some of my precious after class time from me today.

"Sure ..will do" she said with a smile.

I always wondered how me and Meredith ended up being friends.I mean,I was the kind of girl who had very few friends most of them included girls.And Meredith was the social butterfly kind of a girl.Oh..how I envy her.

**

The rest of the day without Meredith was boring as hell.She always kept me entertained.I wonder if she missed me too whenever I was absent or something..

With all these thoughts I checked my phone when I realised I was really late.There was actually no one now in the library.Only the noise of my footsteps was clicking in the library.It was creepy.

As I was walking down the hallway,according to the layout of our school if we had to go out of the school there was only one way that was the main gate and it was inevitable that one has to cross the principal's chamber.

As I was nearing the principals chamber I heard loud noises.Like someone was getting screwed royally.

"What do you mean you were not going to  the terrace?! Then what were you doing in that hallway that leads to the terrace?There was nobody in that hallway,do not try to fool me" the principals voice now sounding dominant.Poor kid I thought.

The entry to the terrace of the school was forbidden for all.As far as I've heard,our school's terrace is real big and once somewhere around last year Frank and his spoilt friends were caught drinking on the terrace after school hours.After that incident going to the terrace always is a big no to all students.Oh dear this kid,whoever it was...was in real trouble..I thought.

I was now about to turn round the corner of the hallway,to continue walking through the principal's chamber towards the gate.I felt like that the gate was my life's destination now.

As I turned around the corner I could see someone familiar.Uh .Uh..oh.

It was Frank who was caught when he was about to go to the terrace.Not good Frank..you are so going to get screwed..

He was standing in front of the principal his back slightly tilted towards me.

I walked as fast as I could.trying to pass of unnoticed,but the clicking noise of my sandals making it pretty hard for me.

"Miss Rose? what are you doing here.School was over a long time back I suppose", the principal said which made me stop in my tracks.

I was about to open my mouth to tell when I was interrupted.

"Oh dear here you are!" Frank said,now completely turned towards me and walking to me. My eyes widened and I turned behind to see if he was talking to someone else,but there was nobody there.

I slowly swallowed the lump which was formed in my throat and turned back forward to see Frank was now standing in front of me looking at me with his beautiful brown eyes.

"I searched for you everywhere..where were you?", he asked me.

Oops was I even supposed to answer..

"Umm ...I  was in the library.."I trailed of but he cut me off.

"See sir? I was searching for her.."

"You never told me you'd be in the library..or I would've come to take you from there .You know I tried calling you also but you never picked my calls",he said casually and he came to stand next to me now.

My eyes widened and my heart skipped a beat when I felt his hand on my waist making me stand closer to him.Oh dear I'm going to pass out now..

"So Sir ..you asked me what I was doing on the hallway leading to the terrace..well all i was trying to tell you from that time was that I was just trying to find my girlfriend so that I could drop her home like everyday..you see I love her a lot and would make sure if she is safe at home or not..and that's the only reason why I was in that hallway..right beautiful?"he said  confidentially.

Wait...what?? did he just call me his girlfriend?? ..I can't breathe ...I'm going to pass out.

His hand which was on my waist tightened.I looked up at him,at his beautiful brown eyes.The playboy inside of it was hardly visible to me.His eyes were still waiting for an answer.

For some reason he seemed to look sorry and tensed at the same time.I thought It would not do any harm to me just to accept for a mere second that I was his girlfriend ..or maybe not.

And with that I slowly nodded my head as in yes,which made him smile and a few other students which had gathered around to see what the commotion was about,together let out a gasp.

**********************

Please do vote!!

please do comment!!

love,
pearl-pearl