The class of boredom

It was a large school. Georgia headed up to the entrance of the building, as she walked through the yard. When she arrived, everything was completely empty, only voices could be heard coming from the teachers' lounge. Georgia left a couple of books in her locker and walked slowly down the hallways, observing every classroom, every locker, every detail of the school. You could tell it was an old and boring place. It didn't have much color, only shades of gray and brown. They are very beautiful colors, but they looked sad this way. She came to a wall where papers were hanging. It had the name of each student with their perspective class. Georgia looked up her class on the sheet and then at the school. Finally she found it. She opens her backpack, takes out her things and as usual starts writing.

All the places are empty. Apparently the kids at this school are always late. I sat on the back, maybe this way I wouldn't attract too much attention. The silence is so big, I can hear everything that is happening outside, the sounds of the squirrels, the cars that are starting to get stuck in the traffic, a bell, people talking... screams... footsteps... That's strange... They are very loud, as if they are getting closer and closer.

Georgia turned to the window that led to the hallway,

Many children are walking, they are laughing and smiling. Little by little the room is filling up, they do not notice my presence... which I don't know if it's a good or a bad thing. Everyone seems to know each other, so I guess I'm the only new one here.

After a while, Georgia lets out a yawn and feels like closing her eyes, after all, she didn't sleep all night. Suddenly, a loud noise brings her back to reality, she quickly shakes her head and tries to concentrate.

"Everyone take a seat" A woman entered the room. Immediately everyone fell silent and sat down in the nearest seat. She was a tall woman, looked old and serious. Just looking at her gave you the creeps. She dropped a large stack of books on her desk, grabbed a piece of chalk and began to write on the board. Nobody understood anything. Suddenly, the woman turned to the students.

"What are you waiting for? Get out your notebooks and start writing." Said the woman as she continued to write on the board. Everyone obeyed and started writing, including Georgia. After a while, Georgia got tired and started scribbling and drawing in her notebook. Finally, the woman stopped writing. The whole board is full of words.

"In 5 minutes I will erase it and continue writing," she said. She sat down and started looking at the books and papers on her desk.

I can't stand it. She didn't even introduce herself or tell us her name. She just walked in and started writing. I feel more and more tired, but I don't know if it's because I didn't sleep or because of this class. This is very boring. At least the teachers at my other schools were more cheerful. I think I'm going to rest my eyes for a while, I don't mind if she erases it, I can borrow another notebook later.

Georgia closed her eyes as she rested her head on her hand. After a while, a strange sound started to be heard... bam... bam... BAM. Georgia suddenly opened her eyes, the teacher was in front of her. She looked around and all the students were watching her, some were surprised, some were whispering things to each other, some were laughing. What was going on?

"Young lady, you don't come to my class to sleep" Said the woman, suddenly she pulled out a ruler and stuck Georgia's hands with it. Georgia let out a small moan from the pain and quickly pulled her hands off the desk for fear that she would hit her again. "Understood?" continued the woman as she returned to her desk.

Georgia was scared, everyone was still watching her. What a 'good' way to start school. Then the bell rang. It was time for recess.

"Get out" Said the woman and sat down.

Georgia grabbed her things and left as fast as she could. Her heart was beating very fast, but now everything was fine. She decided to go out into the yard to continue watching the sky and appreciating nature. The school was no longer empty. Everywhere there were people, everyone was smiling, in spite of the dark place they were in, everyone was laughing, in spite of everything. Finally Georgia arrives at the door. She was walking down the stairs when she suddenly bumped into someone, causing her to fall in the mud.

"Hey, be more careful, mud girl, or next time you will fall asleep in the mud" A voice said

Voices and laughter could be heard in the background. "Hahaha, don't be rude William" "That was a good one" "Look at her face, how stupid".

Well, it happened again, not surprising anyway.