The fingernails marks

Georgia's mother was on her way to school. Georgia was biting her nails with nerves, she still didn't understand why she had done what she had done, how was she going to explain to everyone that it wasn't her intention, it just happened? Even worse, her mom was going to be furious when she found out that her daughter never believed in her family's religion, and that she called it 'nonsense' , and that she thinks a 'schizophrenic' had probably made it all up and that she linked God with everything bad in this world. Really, she didn't know what to do.

"I'm here" Said a voice that made Georgia jump with fright, it was her mother, she sounded very worried.

"Good morning, Mrs. Jones, please take a seat," Said the principal as he shook Louise's hand. "Well, as I told you on the phone, your daughter had a very inappropriate behavior during class, if I may, I'm going to call the teacher so she can tell us a little more details of what happened".

"Sure, go ahead" Georgia's mother said and turned her head in Georgia's direction, she looked confused and angry at the same time. The principal stood up and went to the door to tell his secretary to call the teacher.

"Mom, I... I want you to know that what happened, I didn't mean it, I swear I don't know what happened to me, I just-"

"Stop it" Louise interrupted Georgia "I can't believe you already got in trouble on the first day of school, this can really affect your education and reputation, don't tell me you're becoming like your sister?!"

"What? Of course not!" replied Georgia.

"Well you better not, I'm not going to have another disappointment as a daughter" Louise said angrily.

These words surprised Georgia, her eyes became watery again but she quickly looked away and started to close her hand very tightly, so tightly that she started to dig her nails in.

After a few minutes, the principal returned and behind him came the teacher. They started talking about what Georgia did, but she wasn't paying attention, she was just thinking and thinking about everything that happened and how she was probably becoming a disappointment.

Suddenly, she began to hear her name being called... "Georgia... Georgia... Georgia... Georgia!", she turned to look at everyone.

"What's wrong with you?" her mother asked.

"I..." Georgia looked down and opened her hand. She had fingernail marks on her hands. They were bleeding. "I... I need to go outside for a while, excuse me."

"Georgia!" Her mom yelled for her to come back, but she was already gone.

Georgia went to the yard. She kept looking at her hand, why didn't she feel the pain until a while later? Why did she do it in the first place?... She came to the conclusion that she was just nervous and upset by the situation, and decided to distract herself by looking at the sky. It was a cloudy day because of the rain that had fallen during the night. She kept contemplating nature, when suddenly she heard the door open behind her. She turned around and saw her mother coming down the stairs.

"Get in the car," her mother said as she threw her backpack at her.

"What?" Georgia asked, confused.

"You're suspended for three days" She said as she continued walking.

"What?! For that?" complained Georgia "I don't think I'm suspended just for-"

"Yes, you are" Her mom turned to look at her. "I asked them to do it". Then she started walking again.

Georgia was shocked, "You asked the principal to suspend me for three days? Why would you do that?!"

Her mother turned once again and grabbed her shoulders. "Because I want you to learn to respect and not be irresponsible like your stupid sister, got it?!"

Georgia once again gets angry at her mother's typical comment, grabs her mother's arms and pulls them off her shoulders, as she heads for the car.