The apology

It was already night. The two sisters were in the kitchen preparing something to eat, as they were hungry and also wanted to distract themselves from what was going on. In fact, they were having a good time, but even so, Georgia couldn't stop thinking about what might happen next. After lunch, they were cleaning the kitchen, when suddenly they heard someone opening the door with the keys. It was her parents.

"How's Grandma?" Georgia asked quickly. Her parents looked at each other. Tears began to fall down Louise's face.

"I'm so sorry girls" Georgia's dad said.

Clarisse went to hug her mother. Georgia was shocked. She ran into her room and slammed the door.

I can't believe grandma is gone. I think she is the only good and understanding person in this house, she was always by my side during all those years I suffered. She helped me with my homework when my mother left the room, baked me special cookies, dried my tears when I cried and tickled me until I couldn't breathe from laughing. She was my best friend. Lately I haven't spent much time with her. My mom said it was because of 'adolescence'. Why did she have to leave just now? Just when I needed her the most. She was the only person who really cared about my happiness.

Someone knocked on the door.

"Georgia, may I come in?" It was Clarisse, who moments later opened the door and stepped inside.

"You know, Grandma and I used to be very close when I was little, just like you were. My dream has always been to be an actress and I remember we would spend hours watching TV waiting for my favorite movie to start, in fact I didn't care about the story, I just wanted to watch the main actress. The way she spoke, expressed herself, danced and sang, I always admired her and I swore to my grandmother that one day I would be like her. Do you know who she was?"

Georgia shook her head indicating that she didn't know.

"That actress was grandma" Clarisse said.

Georgia looked at her in amazement.

"Unfortunately, she wasn't well known. In fact, that was the only movie she worked on, so Mom didn't like the idea of me being an actress too. In fact she hated it, I guess she thought I was going to end up being a failure, but grandma always told me 'if it is what you really want, fight for it'. In the end, I didn't fight for it and decided to be what mom wanted me to be, but I ended up failing anyway"

"Wow, Clarisse, I really didn't know that, sorry."

"It's okay, but the point is.... Grandma would like you to follow what you are passionate about, I don't want to talk bad about mom but she can't force you to be someone you are not. I know that if you do something you really love and you dedicate yourself to it, you're going to make it, do it for Grandma and for me but more importantly, do it for you, alright?"

"I promise you."

"Oh, and by the way, I'm sorry for being so mean to you these past few years. I'm really mad at myself and I took it out on you, and it was unfair."

"Why are you mad at yourself?"

Clarisse sighed. "For that very reason, I failed at everything. Mom keeps telling me over and over that I'm a disappointment. I feel worthless. I really need Grandma right now, but I refused to think I needed help. I really don't know what happened to me, it's really stressful to be told over and over again that you shouldn't even exist, you know? I don't know if mom will change, but I really don't want you to go through this hell too."

"Clarisse, it's not too late."

"What?"

"You can still get a job and save up to go to acting school."

"That's going to take a long time."

"So? Grandma would also like me to tell you that it's never too late to follow your dreams, no matter what mom tells you, I know you can."

"Thank you Georgia, I'm going to do it."

"Yay!"

"But you'd better go to sleep now, it's getting late"

"Bye Clarisse"

"Goodnight Georgia"