Lockdown

I'm lying in my bed... I'm scared. My mother hasn't mentioned anything about what happened since we got home, she wouldn't even look at me at lunch or dinner. I know you probably think she's exaggerating the situation a lot, but she's right, I was very disrespectful, but for once in my whole life I really wish she would sit down next to me and ask me how I feel, why I did it... although I don't know either... but at least she could try to understand that I really didn't mean it.

I think that during these three days I will stay in my bed, not for pleasure, not for punishment, I just don't feel like doing anything at all. Bye for now.

Georgia closes her diary and sits on her bed... although her mom is really strict, she has a good heart, every night she would come to Georgia's room to tell her a story, kiss her forehead or at least say goodnight. Today none of that happened. Georgia turned to look at her pillow. Tears began to run down her cheeks. Suddenly, she hits her pillow with all her might, she can't take it anymore and lies down to cry and scream in her pillow.

Georgia found herself on the floor of a dark room, there was nothing but emptiness. She started to look around hoping to find something, but suddenly, she heard something behind her. Georgia turned around but saw nothing, she looked ahead again and three children appeared. They were looking at her and whispering things to each other. They were laughing. Georgia was confused. The kids seemed to be wearing uniforms and had a strange mask. Eventually, more and more voices began to be heard, there were many children with masks surrounding her. She looked down and realized she was in a mud puddle. She quickly stood up and tried to clean herself up, but everyone kept laughing. Georgia began to breathe faster and faster, she was so scared. She couldn't take the pressure anymore and screamed. Suddenly, she opened her eyes, and she was back in her room. She was sweating. Apparently it had all been a dream.

Suddenly, someone opens the door loudly. "Go downstairs for lunch, it's already 2:00pm" Clarisse says.

"I'm not hungry" Georgia replied.

"I don't care" Clarisse said. "Go. Downstairs."

"I said, I'm not hungry" Georgia said again.

Clarisse sights. "Whatever, but be careful with mom, I think she's mad enough at you. And yes, it's very obvious"

"Yeah, yeah, thanks for your advice, now please leave" Said Georgia. Clarisse rolled her eyes and closed the door.

Georgia was still in shock from the dream. It felt very real. She stayed in her bed, wrapped in the blankets, staring at one spot, just thinking. Her eyes were red from crying so much the night before and she had dark circles under her eyes. After a while, the door opens. It was Joanne, Georgia's grandmother, coming with food.

"Hi honey, I brought you lunch" She said.

"Oh, grandma, it was not necessary" Georgia said

"Oh, of course it is, you have to feed yourself" Joanne replied to her comment, Georgia let out a small laugh. "I know you feel bad, your mom told me you had problems at school, but everything will be fine, and it's okay that you don't want to talk about it, I won't force you to, but I want you to know that you can always count on me, and the best way to solve conflicts, is talking" Joanne continued.

Georgia smiled. "Thanks grandma" she said as she hugged her.

"Now eat, it's going to get cold" Joanne said and left the room.

Georgia realized she actually was really hungry, what she didn't have was the courage to face her mother. She started eating.

Probably her grandmother is the only one good and understanding person in her house, she doesn't talk too much but she knows everything that happens and always tries to help. She supports Georgia in everything, and always knows what to say.

When she finished eating, she put the plate on her desk, she looked at the diary, she really wanted to write in it, but she didn't know how to express herself, she didn't know what words to use. She sat in her chair, grabbed a pencil and opened the diary to a blank page. Maybe she didn't have to use words. She closed her hand with the pencil in it and began to scratch all over the page. In the end, her pencil was no longer sharp and the page glistened from the reflection of the lines.

And that's how the last three days went, she stayed in her room without going out. She stayed in her bed, just sleeping, thinking, crying or eating. She still didn't feel like writing in her diary, just doodling to de-stress, but nothing more than that.