Hesitation

Dan-

I realized where we were as I stared out the window, we were nearly upon my house. I sigh.

"Pull over. " I say glumly.

Phil looks at my for a moment, hesitating, but he glances down and nods.

When he pulls over I open the car door and stare down the road at my now darkened house. I briefly wonder if I'll be able to sneak in without anyone noticing, but remember they already know I was gone so it hardly matters.

I realize Phil's still looking at me and I think about making some sort of snarky comment, but I'm just too tired and I don't see the point anymore.

"Getting out anytime soon?" He asks.

I just nod, still not moving.

"That would require movement, you know." He says.

The way he's talking is sarcastic, but somehow it doesn't seem like he means it to be rude. Just Phil being too nice, I suppose.

I finally get up and I'm hit with the thought of going to school tomorrow and seeing Phil. I shudder.

"Will you learn to walk faster in the morning?" I say, as rude as possible. "Honestly, it's not like we like you being in the way"

I hope he understands what I'm trying to imply.

Phil-

Dan's just sitting here and if I didn't know better I'd say he looked afraid. Just as I start to worry he stands up.

"Will you learn to walk faster in the morning?" He says quickly. "Honestly, it's not like we like you being in the way"

I look at him surprised. That almost sounded like a warning. Maybe he's not as cold hearted as I assumed.... I stop my thoughts there. It's probably him just trying to mess with my head (successfully I might add). By the time I process all of this he's gone, steadily making his way down the road.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

Sorry it's so short guys, I actually have a semi-plan as to where I want this to go now so I might start to be a little bit more fast paced. I'd love to hear any feedback you might have, good and bad. Have a lovely day/night/whatever.

Please leave a comment or vote. Pleeeease. I'll give you cookies. And... Food. Yeah.