Identity

I have to get out of here. I can't just sit here waiting for me death to come. But first, I have to find out who I am. I must know my identity. Even if I die in a jail at the hands of the government, I will know who I am when my time comes. I needed a plan. When the guards unlocked the cell to give us our lunches, I would knock out the guard, take the keys, and run to the file room. I would take my file and run back to my cell. It might not work, but it was worth a try. I need to know who I am.
(a few hours later)
A guard came to the cell and unlocked the door. He walked in to give us our meal. As soon as he set the plates down, I lunged at him and slammed his head into the wall, knocking him unconscious. I grabbed the ring of keys he had been carrying and ran. Through hallucinations and escape attempts, I had seen the entire prison, so I know exactly where the file room is. Luckily, I was able to make it there without being spotted. I heard footsteps coming down a nearby hallway. I fumbled through the keys, trying to find the right one. I finally found the one that fit into the lock and hurried into the file room just as the guard turned the corner. He passed the file room, not noticing me. I let out a sigh of relief. I was safe for now. Better hurry before someone notices I'm missing. I opened the file cabinet and started searching. I quickly found it. The file had the number 09 stamped on it in fading black ink. I took a deep breath, about to find out who I am. Just as I opened the file, A guard barged in. "09! GET OUT OF HERE THIS INSTANT," he screamed in anger. I screamed, started by the guard. He grabbed me, handcuffed me, and began to drag me away. I stopped screaming, trying to not attract attention and more guards. As he dragged me away, I was able to read one thing out of the file. My name. Ella Roberts. That's who I am. I was frozen with shock when I realized the guard wasn't taking me back to my normal cell, but was walking toward the cell that I saw myself killed in. I had to escape. I knew my identity now, but it wasn't going to end like this. I have to be free.