Freedom

I kicked frantically, trying to free myself from the guard's grip. I managed to stand up and dodge the guard trying to tackle me. I kicked him in the head, causing him to pass out. I ran. I still had the ring of keys and unlocked my handcuffs as I rang to my cell. I was just making up a plan as I went, but it was working so far. I threw the handcuffs to the floor and unlocked the door. "Come on guys hurry up lets go," I said impatiently, worried that a guard would see me. "Where are we going?" asked the three, sounding worried. "We're getting out of here. Now hurry up!" I dragged them out of the cell and ran. We managed to reach the door unnoticed. Today was luckily government holiday, so many of the guards had today off. I found the right key quickly and unlocked the door. I opened it slowly, seeing that it led to the capital building. I walked out the door first. A saw a few guards and they almost saw me. "Get down," I whispered to the others, ducking down and hiding behind a desk. I could see the exit. The guards were getting closer. The only option was to make a run for it. "On three, we make a run for it, one... two... three," I made a mad dash for the door and so did the others. Time seemed to slow as I opened the door and ran out into the sunlight, into the world outside of prison. I ran down the steps, through the streets and towards the woods. It wasn't actually a forest, but there were enough trees to stay hidden. I looked back and was terrified at what I saw. I saw Marie, Anne, and Jen, captured by the guards. They easily tied up Anne and Marie and dragged them inside. Their mouths were duct taped, so they screams for help were muffled. However, Jen wouldn't give up against the guards. The guards had been cruelest to her, and she wasn't going to give up. A small crowd had gathered, watching the scene. I ran towards Jen, trying to save her. I tried to punch a guard, but he dodged it and kicked me in the stomach. I winced in pain as the guard left the others to handle Jen. I punched and kicked, but he was too strong. I kicked him and he grabbed my leg, throwing me to the ground. This caused my leg to twist painfully. I slowly got up as the guards dragged Jen inside. I had failed. "I'm sorry... I couldn't save you," I said. She gave me a reassuring look before disappearing into the capital building. I saw a group of guards, coming back to jail me. I ran as fast as I could, trying to ignore the searing pain that shot up my leg every time I took a step. I kept running until I no longer knew where I was. After running for what seemed like forever, I could run no longer. My knee buckled and I collapsed to the ground. I had lost the guards. I had failed. Jen, Marie, and Anne were locked up, probably being beaten for almost escaping. If only I had actually planned my escape. It had worked better than I thought. I hadn't planned on escaping, but I wasn't going to die in prison. At least I was free now. My vision slowly went dark as I blacked out. I saw Jen, Marie, and Anne, cowering in the corner of the jail cell. A guard stood there with a shoot. "Now we all know the punishment for escaping, don't we," asked the guard threateningly. The girls nodded, paralyzed with fear. He injected Anne, then Marie, then Jen. I was frozen as I watched them die. The government will pay for this. Killing innocent people, watching everything we do, hiding the truth in a web of lies. I woke from my hallucination, screaming as tears streamed down my face. They were dead. The only friends I had. Or at least the only friends after the drug and losing my memory. I should've stayed in that cell. If I hadn't tried to find out who I am none of this would have happen. I had freedom, but freedom doesn't come without a price.

(A/N: If U haven't read "Government Lies and Drug Ties" by redkat6 U should read it because this was the prequel. If u liked this story please check out another one im writing called voices. I would really appreciate it if u read it. Thanks for all the reads U guys are amazing.)