Chapter 4

"Karl?" Nick whispered, lightly tapping the brunet. Karl groaned and turned over in his bed. Nick sighed and sat down next to him, rubbing his back.

"Karl." He spoke a little louder. Karl gasped and threw himself up in his bed, breathing heavily.

"Sorry, did I startle you?" Nick asked, leaning back. Karl rubbed his eyes and yawned.

"What's wrong Sap?" Karl mumbled, looking at the boy who was obviously, wide awake.

"You were sniffing, I could hear you from the room over."

Karl hummed and laid back down, laying close to his friend. Nick slid down a bit and let Karl basically crawl up next him and practically hug him.

"Do want me to lay here with you?" Nick asked, rubbing little circles into the brunets back. Karl nodded and nuzzled his face into his side.

Next day~

Karl woke up to the sunlight beaming through his window, blinding him as he sat up and glared at the room around him. It was clean? He groaned and threw the covers off, standing up and stumbling out of his now some how, clean room. He could smell the sweet scent of waffles. Chuckling, he slowly made his way down the stairs and into the kitchen. He was immediately hit with the warming smell of breakfast.

"Since when could you cook?" Karl giggled, leaning against the doorframe. Nick swung around with a smile.

"Good morning Karl." He said, opening his arms out. Karl smiles and ran into his arms. Nick grunted as Karl squeezed his torso.

"You didn't have to clean my room."

"It needed help, I thought it'd help you out so you aren't so stressed. Plus, it'll help with finding an outfit for tomorrow."

Oh yeah...tomorrow...
Karl cleared his throat and stepped back, leaning against the counter. Nick returned to making waffles.

"Are you going?" Karl asked, shifting on his feet. Nick chuckled.

"Do you want me to?" He asked, looking at the brunet who only smiled back.

"Only if you want," Karl said shrugging his shoulders. Nick giggled and handed Karl a plate. Karl smiled and placed it on the counter, staring at the waffle with disgust. Nick walked up behind him, wrapping his arms around the man and resting his chin on his shoulder.

"You do not have to, but I'd like for you to try." Nick said, rubbing his hands on Karl's sides. Karl smiled and leaned his head back, picking up the fork and cutting off a piece of the waffle. He held it up to his mouth and paused. With his free hand, he placed it on top of Nicks who had his wrapped around Karl.

"3...2...1.."

Karl shoved the piece down his throat, gaging half way. He tapped nicks hands before he quickly swallowed, coughing as his stomach rumbled.

"Nice job! You did it!" Nick cheered as Karl groaned. Karl embraced Nick in a hug once again and mumbled a quiet "thank you" in his ear. Nick rubbed his back and chuckled.

"Don't thank me. Now go take a nice warm bath, chill for a bit, you deserve it." Nick said, pulling back and holding Karl's shoulders. Karl nodded and slowly made his way toward the stairs.

"Don't worry about anything!" Nick shouted before Karl disappeared into the hall. He flipped on the light and shut the door behind him leaving it unlocked as he trusted Nick. He leaned over the tub and turned on the faucet letting the water flow down into the tub, filling it up. He stared at himself in the mirror with disgust. He dreaded for tomorrow. Not only would he have to see his dead cousin laying in a casket, everyone would point out his figure and how skinny he's getting.

He sighed and took off his shirt groaning at how he could almost see his bones. Tossing his shirt to the side, he pulled down his pants along with his boxers and slowly stepped into the tub, sighing as he sat down. He smiled with ease. He felt relaxed as if all his worries floated away leaving him peace and calm.

He reached over and grabbed a bottle of soap and squirted some into his bath, forming bubbles. He quickly turned the water off as the bubbles grew bigger.

Soon enough, his friend came rolling in with a cup of water.

"Do you mind?" He asked, cracking the door slightly. Karl smiled and shook his head. Nick placed the cup of water next to Karl as he took a seat on the floor leaning against the tub.

"You were right, this is very relaxing." Karl said, giggling a bit. Nick smiled.

"Like I said, you deserve it."

Karl smiled and leaned against the side of the tub, folding his arms and resting his chin on his arms.

"Thanks for taking care of me Sap." Karl mumbled.

"I'll always have your back Karl." Nick said, turning his body and moving pieces of Karl's hair behind his ear.  Karl leaned into his touch.

"Are you sure you want to go tomorrow?" Karl asked, tilting his head slightly.

"Tomorrow is tomorrow, today is today. Right now, tomorrow is non existent and is not important. You, right now, today, are my main focus."

Karl smiled as he grabbed the cup of water and took a sip, placing it back down next to his friend.

"I love you." Karl said.

"I love you too."

Sheeesssshhhh