1. Here We Are

"Rain will surely end as well as your painful memories."

*****

JANET HATES RAIN THE MOST. Suddenly that thought comes in her mind while she took shelter at the bus stop, waiting for the rain to stop.

Like the rain coming without permission
memories also returns even if they are not allowed to be remembered again...

Janet said inside her mind as her whole body began to shiver due to the cold air.
She's always like that whenever it rains. Her body weakens when the weather is like this.

Loiza her best friend will surely be angry with her. She reminded her to bring an umbrella because it was shady but she didn't listen to her so here she is now. Waiting for the rain to stop so she could go back to her apartment.

"What a life..." she mumbles again to herself with a deep sigh. That rain reminds her of something.

"Janet!"

Memories called her; on her right side she saw her young versions wearing a high school uniform running in the rain. After coming home she then saw her father lying on the bed, lifeless and his eyes are peacefully closed. She sat beside him and gently held his hands.

Goodbye... I promise to live the way you always want me to be...

Even though she was in tears, she calmly said goodbye to her father who raised her alone for 13 years.

Looking sentimental, Janet takes a deep breath and hugged herself. It's been 17 years since that day happened. Fortunately she manage to live her life by the skin of her teeth. Experience taught her the toughest lesson and holding her tears about the death of her father's becomes her greatest weapon in life.

On her left side other memories called her. She then saw herself two years ago standing in front of the man she wants to marry. Both of them are holding their own umbrella looking at each other with a blank face.

Goodbye... my tiny dream... Good bye my shinning dream...

Love becomes her strength but it turns out to be her most weakness as that man slowly walks away from her. Janet started to cry and her heart hurts in the most painful way she couldn't ever imagine. These moments were her beginning as the new year added to her unstoppable age.

Like the rain, her tears continued to fall and she didn't know how long it would take before it stopped.

Rain will surely end as well as your painful memories.

For the last time, another memory calls her. She lifted her head and looked ahead of her as she remember a familiar  voice of man.

To her surprise, the rain suddenly stops from falling.

See? So stop worrying...

Janet remembers another person. She saw her young self-wearing an old Filipiña terno taking a bow in front of a young handsome man. Gradually his lips smiled and offer his hands to her. Janet took a deep breath as she tried to reach out his hands.

------

TOKYO JAPAN:

TWO DAYS, it has been two days since Jeremy submitted his proposal to their boss but there wasn't any good news if his proposal was approved or not.

He is not discouraged though.

He might look uneasy but he is actually confident in his work. Being one of the competitive Civil Engineers of their company, made him positive while patently waiting for the clients approval.