7. HI, HELLO

"With a full of joy face, You're looking at me. I walk towards you and say this lovely word again to you..."

*****

JANET'S DREAM

"HI!"

A ten year old girl arrived at the park waving at a ten-year-old boy who sit at the same spot again under a big tree, holding his favorite book.

"Hello..."

This was not their first meeting. At first it seemed like a coincidence, but later on became a habit and soon ended up being an agreement that they would always meet at the same place and day at the same time.

"Haven't you finished reading that yet?" asked the girl as she sat next to the boy.

"Not yet, but I'm almost done. Why do you want to borrow it?"

"Nope coz I might not be able to return that to you."

"What do you mean?"

"Hmmm... I will return to the Philippines soon, my vacation here in Japan is over."

The boy suddenly felt sad. He was an outcast and she was the only person who made him feel the happiness of having a friend and someone who can accept his flaws and weakness.

Even though he had only been with her for a month, still it becomes the best days of his life.

"Don't worry, I'lll visit you there. That's a promise."

"Really? It's a promise?" She smiled hopefully.

"Yes, trust me."

"It's too bad I can only see you until tomorrow. I wish I can have enough time to read that book. I'm curious as to what that book is about, since you've been reading it for so long."

"Really? If you want, you can borrow it."

"No way, are you sure? But you haven't finished reading that yet, right?"

The boy just nodded.

"Don't worry, I think I can finish reading it tonight. We'll see each other tomorrow, right? I'll just give this to you when we meet again here tomorrow. You can return it to me when we meet again once I visit the Philippines."

That confirmation brings so much joy to the girl who only have that chance to read his books.

"Wow... it looks like your english has been improved. I can tell by the way you construct your words, they were all correct."

The boy just smiled, deep inside he just couldn't say that he practiced every night to improve his English so that they could talk better every time they met.

-end of the dream

-------------

-JANET-

THAT DREAM AGAIN STOLE MY SLEEP AWAY. I sighed as I get up from my bed. It was like I was watching a series of events with that boy. Were meeting at the same time and place, and now were just talking about a book.

His face was blurred and I can't remember him if he really exist in my life or not.

I haven't dreamed of him for a long time but since I got a new job, I've been seeing him again in my dreams once in a while. That's weird!

I just stopped thinking when my alarm clock that was on the bedside table suddenly rang. It's Monday again and I need to get ready to go to work.

After an hour of getting ready, I left my apartment and I went straight to my best friends' Cafe to get my free hot drink.