In the evening

Chapter 5

In the evening Nathaniel and Lila sat together in the terminal near other passengers waiting for their boarding call to their plane, which currently was being prepared for the last flight.

Nathaniel wore a neck cushion and was surfing on the smartphone at the same time Lila was reading a traveling magazine about the Greek country.

"There are so many interesting meals Nathy" Lila mentioned showing the husband the page with the various dishes in the magazine.

"I never knew Baklava was Greek" Nathaniel mentioned. "Oh, Tiropita seems interesting. Is that some sort of pastry or....."

"Yeah, filled with cheese and egg mixture as it says here" The brunette pointed it out to Nathaniel, which nodded.

"Is it lactose-free?" The orange kwami asked, which was inside the pocket of Lila's jacket.

"It doesn't say it here anywhere" Lila answered seeing Trixx dropping the ears. "Don't worry, there are lots of foods you can try out"

"Why are you interested in trying out human food?" Nathaniel asked the fox kwami.

"I can tolerate anything a human does....except milk products"

"So....just like a real fox?" Nathaniel asked earning a nod from the kwami. "What about chocolate and coffee? I heard it's toxic to foxes"

"Okay we can't have coffee, because it turns us really, really hyperactive"

"I think this happened to Karaa once" Nathaniel mentioned looking down at his jacket, where Karaa looked out at his owner nodding.

"It tasted awful for me anyway"
"I like coffee" Lila mentioned. "But the Lila Rossi style!"

"You mean Lila Kurtzberg style" Nathaniel corrected making Lila shake her head.

"From today on, anything new will be called like that. The coffee was done before I met you. Who knows, maybe I'll invent something today and who knows, that will then be called the Greek Lila Kurtzberg style.....that doesn't fit a bit thought. We'll see about that later"

"You always managed to find something, Lila. You always did"

"You're the sweetest Nathy" Lila complimented pecking him on his cheek, leaning on his neck cushion. "You're still going to sleep in the flight, right?"

"Maybe?" Nathaniel answered. "How many hours are there? 4?"

"Yes, well we're gonna arrive at midnight and we've been awake since 5 am"

"You woke up that early?" Nathaniel asked surprised earning a nod from the woman.

"I went to the toilet in the middle of the night and afterward I couldn't fall asleep and stood awake at that time"

"I'm glad I can wait the whole night without going to the bathroom. I need every second of my sleep" Nathaniel warned making Lila chuckle.

"Don't worry, we still got plenty of weekends in front of us to be resting together in bed every morning" The wife mentioned nudging her nose on Nathaniel's.

"Life's going to be perfect" Nathaniel added afterward he shared a hug with Lila.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, flight AE1563 with destination Santorini is now ready to board. Please hold your ID's and boarding cards or digital boarding cards ready"

"I think we should start to queue behind the others" Lila mentioned earning a nod from her husband, which got up along with her and joined the group of people that stood in front of the desk in front of the gate.