Punishment

Chapter 17

A week later Nathaniel and Lila went to lunch together with Miss Kurtzberg, which was off from work during the week and took the time to be closer with his son and daughter-in-law.

„How is it for you two with the pregnancy?" The raven-haired woman asked looking at Lila and Nathaniel.

„The baby is healthy according to the examination. We just don't know the gender at the moment" Lila answered. „I've been eating a lot since I got positive and even at the work I eat, when when I'm supposed to be acting"

„Myléne told me she opened a chips pack during the theatre," Nathaniel mentioned.

„People thought it belonged to the scene, but it didn't" Lila mentioned. „But Sarah said it was okay, the audience had liked the part"

„Two nights ago I woke up at 4 am to get Lila blueberries, all that because she saw that night on the movie the characters were being bombarded with blueberries"

„And that's kind of the third time I get the appetite just because of a movie. The first time I thought it was just a coincidence as I watched Jen Stoppable eating Tacos and around 11 pm the only way I could get a taco was at a Mexican restaurant"

„The owner was nice thought" Nathaniel mentioned. „His wife is having the same routine as Lila"

„Yeah" Lila agreed. „I'm still hungry, is there any more rice?" Lila asked her mother-in-law.

„I think Nathaniel ate the rest, but I can make another pot if you want. It only takes at least ten minutes" Miss Kurtzberg suggested earning a nod from Lila.

„Thank you Miss Kurtzberg"

Miss Kurtzberg got up and head back into the kitchen leaving the couple back.

„There are still chicken pieces left here, do you want some?" Nathaniel asked as Lila ate her last piece of meat.

„I think one is enough" Lila answered watching Nathaniel pick with the plier a slice of cut meat off and gave it to Lila. Lila's smartphone beeped and she removed from her hoodie the smartphone out to see a message from Kagami. „I think the court session of Adrien ended"

„What happened?" Nathaniel asked as Lila opened the message.

„Adrien and the guy that went to dinner with his family were arrested by Sabrina's father in front of the house door" Lila answered. „Today was their court session and both got penalized"

„What did they do?"

„The other guy claimed Adrien pushed him at the road as a car was about to pass and Adrien says he jumped into the street to push him away from the car. There was no one, that could prove who was right and Kagami couldn't say anything since she only noticed what happened as she noticed Adrien didn't come back and spotted the police officer"

„Okay and now are they going to jail or....."

„20 daily rates for Adrien" Lila mentioned. „Starting with tomorrow"

„What will he have to do?"

„I think to pick up trash" Lila answered looking back at her smartphone again.

„Well that came out at the wrong moment"

„Well, he lost now almost a month to work on his education. Man this turned out bad for him"

„Yeah"

„Kagami must be feeling bad now," Lila mentioned texting a message to the friend, then pressed enter. „Kagami is just at the begin of the pregnancy and she should not witness such situations at the moment"

„She's pregnant?" The redhead questioned surprised at his wife's tale.

„When I ate ice cream with her at the park she told me that and needed to know, what she should do about it"

„Okay and what did she choose?"

„I don't know it yet" Lila answered. „I didn't want to bother her with it"

„Okay" Nathaniel answered. „We can help her out during this month until Adrien is more present as before"
„He still will be around her and his family, just she won't see him during school or when both are off from work"

„I know, but if she needs us I meant"

„I know Nathy" Lila responded placing her hand on his lap smiling at the man.

At the manor of the Agreste's the silver-colored car entered into the plot of the house stopping in front of the stairs, then Adrien got out of the vehicle followed by his girlfriend and his mother.

„At least you're not proven as an offender" Emilie said watching the son lean on the wall of the stairs, waiting for the rest of the family.

„And also you're not the only one being punished. Raiden got punished too. It's better than nothing" Kagami mentioned standing in front of the boyfriend. „If I hadn't let you two out of my eyes nothing of this would have happened"

„It's not your fault, I should have just let him walk out of here without any more talking, but nope I didn't"

„Just let's forget about this honey. You won't see him during the time you're doing the penal work," Mrs. Agreste assured the blonde man, which nodded.

„Now I will miss work and school for a month because of this"

„That's not bad Adrien. It's just a month" Emilie comforted the son.

„But in a month I will miss a lot of stuff at the school," Adrien complained. „These years are not getting easier"

„It's just this month here. Don't worry, there won't be another interruption" Emilie assured making Kagami look down at the ground thinking about the unrevealed pregnancy.

„Another one would be awful" Adrien pointed out getting an embrace from his mother.

„Come, let's get up. The lunch is ready for us" Emilie digressed leading the son the stairs up leaving Kagami back and Gabriel, which came from the silver-colored car.

„Is everything okay?" Gabriel asked earning a nod from the blue-haired woman. Gabriel moved on and Kagami watched the man walk up, afterward her kwami Longg appeared looking out from her pocket.

„You have to say Adrien, that you're pregnant" Longg warned the holder.

„I know, but you heard what he said, he can't miss another time the school, just because of me" Kagami answered making Longg sigh.

„Okay, but he should know that. He's the father of that child after all,"

„I will do it,"

„Now?"

„Longg.....let me wait a bit"

„You said that last week and nothing happened"

„I was about to say it when Raiden interrupted us. You were even there"

„Okay you got a point.....but please...it's the best thing for both of you if you tell him it, you're not going to ruin anything with it. I promise" Longg affirmed looking at the Japanese woman shrug her shoulders. „Think about it" Kagami nodded and looked at the entrance of the mansion along with Longg, then walked the stairs up.