CHAPTER 19 - SELF DISCOVERY

But they'd gotten so used to sleeping next to each other, sharing an abundance of kisses and long nights together that without the hours each day together, they faced a withdrawal. Draco would reach for Harry in the middle of the night and then wake up realizing he was in his Slytherin dorm, alone. And he hated it.

Harry would, despite the thoughtful potions that Draco made for him, still have nightmares and search for him, too. Checking on his map, he assumed Draco was sleeping safe and sound in his bed.

The only thing that kept Harry from starting back up their peaceful nights was the idea that he could get Draco in trouble, and if he got Draco in trouble, then maybe Harry would be in worse trouble and someone would find out and they'd be separated. Or Draco could get hurt from his father.

One day after potions, Draco couldn't take it anymore. As students cleared out, he pulled Harry aside and locked the broom closet door swiftly behind him.

Turning and grabbing his face, he pushed Harry up against the wall and kissed him hard. Passionately. Intensely.

And that's all they did, their tongues meeting, and Harry letting out the cutest little moans as he wrapped his arms around Draco and held him tight.

And Draco left him with flushed cheeks, dizzy and warm.

"Have a good class," he whispered on the way out, and Harry was too entranced to even notice the bell ring, or notice Draco leave.

And Draco took every opportunity to do so, not to say every class was an opportunity. If they were lucky, twice a day, if unlucky, no kisses at all. It was usually a surprise and elevated Harry's mood. It was those sweet moments that threaded their relationship together in the absence of sleeping on the hammock.

After a particularly nasty class with Umbridge, Harry sought out to find Draco on his Prefect duties later that evening.

"I can't do this now," Draco hissed as Harry opened the secret passageway portrait.

"Mmm, but you want to," Harry pulled him inside and wrapped his arms around him.

"I always want to, but—"

Harry kissed him, had him up against the wall this time, and he loved it. They both did.

Harry kissed him intensely and ardently, putting Draco's lips between his own and sucking on them.

"Mmm," Draco moaned as Harry held him tight and kissed him and kissed him and kissed him. His toes curled and his blush tinted his face.

Then Harry kissed his cheek and then his jaw. "Do you want to talk about your day?"

"No." And then Harry nuzzled Draco's neck and pressed kisses there, sucking his skin.

The closet spun as Draco tried to ground himself. It felt good. It felt so good.

Then Harry kissed a sensitive part on his neck and bit it.

"Ah," Draco moaned and gripped his bicep and then moved his hand into Harry's hair. "Harry!"

Harry licked it over and sucked and it felt... damn.

"Not on Prefect duty! I'm monitored and I want to be Head Boy."

"I just want to make your day a little better," Harry said mischievously.

"A lot better."

Harry smiled, and Draco shoved him out.

————————————————

The next morning, Draco got ready as he normally did, except when he prepared to tie his tie, he noticed a bruise poking out behind his shirt collar. He furrowed his brows and bent over the material, noticing its redness.