Chapter fifteen: Brown substance

It's been a few days since I've been in Patricia I've been staying with Carter and rudy. They had an extra room that they let me stay in while I'm there which I'm very grateful for. I haven't seen Athena since the day that we first came here which wasn't a surprise I mean she's a princess what did I expect right? 

Since I couldn't walk as much due to being overly soar I've been in bed the last few days overthinking everything. When I say overthinking everything I mean everything I cried every night since I've been here just thinking about Leo I hate myself for what I did. This time sorry can't fix it. It cant fix the fact that I killed someone I hold dear to me. It cant fix the fact that he's gone for good and he isn't coming back. 

I did that I took someone's life someone so innocent and full of greatness to come. I took that away I watched as the life left his eyes and for that, I shall always have to live with the guilt of someone's blood on my hands. 

"Via! Help Carters trying to kill me" Rudy yelled barging into my room. Looking up from the book I was reading. To say he looked funny would be an understatement he currently had some brown substance on his shirt  I didn't want to ask. He also had flour all over him and some brown stuff on his face. Soon after Carter came running into the room with a spatula and an apron on causing Rudy to come and try to hide behind me.

"Get back here you little imbecile," Carter remarked which cause Rudy to jump behind me holding onto my tee-shirt from behind.

"Via don't let him get me please I'm too young to die," He said dramatically making me roll my eyes.

"Rudy! get your nasty hands off me! and what even is on your guys' shirts!?" I demanded putting my hands on my hips.

"He did it," They both said at the same time pointing at each other while glaring. I chuckled to myself. They did this all the time.

"Rudy what did you do?" I asked making him roll his eyes.

"How do you know it was me?" He scoffed crossing his arms whining like a baby.

"Are you seriously asking me that?" I asked laughing with carter while Rudy glared at us.

"You guys are such bullies it's not fair" He pouted stopping out of the room with Pluto following. 

"Anyways I think I might go for a walk you wanna join?" I asked turning to Carter who was trying to wipe off the weird brown substance of his shirt.

"Uhh Nah I'm gonna go finish making brownies be safe though" 

~~~

I was now outside walking towards a lake that I saw on my way here. It was almost sundown so I sat on top of a rock watching the sunset the sky contrasting with Reds, Oranges, Yellows, Blues, and purples it looked beautiful. I was so focused on the sky that I almost didn't hear the sound of footsteps behind me. Keyword almost I turned in an instant to see the dude that I met in the forest a week ago Woods. He walked closer and sat next to me not saying a word just sitting and staring into the sunset. 

"Would it be cliche if I said the sunset looked beautiful but I stared at you?" He asked smugly Making me laugh. 

"Yes please don't" I jokingly begged still chuckling.

"It's beautiful" He smirked looking at me making me laugh harder pushing his shoulder slightly.

"You're an idiot " I laughed looking up at him as he smiled.

"I heard you saved the Princess is that true?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"I suppose" 

"What do you mean supposed?" He questioned.

"Well there wasn't much saving to do all I did was knock out one of their men out and they all got terrified. They were cowards" I chuckled looking over at the lake. comfortable Silence followed along after my statement before he broke it.

"What broke you," He asked making me smile before looking down and chuckling while shaking my head.

"What makes you think I'm broken?" 

"I can see it in your eyes they hold pain, Guilt, and regret" He answered.

"Why should I tell you? I don't know you why should I trust you?" I demanded curiosity swirling around my head.

"You shouldn't but sometimes trusting a stranger is better than trusting a friend" he replied wisely for some reason I felt like I could trust him so I did just that.

"I lost my family I lost two homes and I killed my best friend. Everyone says in time it will get better but they're all liars. Time doesn't heal the pain it just teaches us to deal with it " 

"I would be lying if I said I didn't agree with you" He agreed. Looking at me with pity but I didn't want his pity it made me feel like a broken person and that's not what I am.

"Don't look at me like that" I demanded harshly turning back towards the lake.

"Like what? Like I pity you well I do because I can read you like a book right now I can see that it makes you feel broken but that's the thing Love" He paused lifting my chin up with bis finger before continuing. "you are broken you're just denying it" He looked at me one more time before getting up and leaving. 

That night I stayed there until the moon was at its highest thinking back to everything. I let out a choked sob thinking back to the dream I had the first night here how Levis's body laid there lifeless with all the burn marks on him I wish I was there. Getting up I started throwing rocks into the lake angrily yelling while tears streamed down my face.

"Stupid tree stupid magic Stupid war" I screamed maybe if there wasn't a war maybe they'd still be alive even if they were older I'd still be happier knowing they were alive and well.

 I stopped screaming and thought about it who were they fighting against? was are kingdom really that weak that they made kids fight? Were the enemies as evil as to kill kids? all these thoughts ran through my head that night. Tomorrow I was going to figure it out I was going to go to the library. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Please vote and comment it motivates me!

Have a good day :)