Chapter-6

Taehyun was regretting. He was regretting drinking five shots of tequila. He was regretting coming to the club without even questioning. He was regretting saying yes to go out on a date right before his half-yearly exam. He was regretting his life choices in general.

Taehyun sat on a stool, a drink in hand, watching his date for tonight grind and shove his tongue inside a random dude's mouth. He was watching them have the best time of their lives whereas he was feeling suffocated and all he wanted to do was throw up the alcohol he had consumed in the last hour. His grip around the glass was now slippery and he could hardly make out the songs that were now playing. Is that Cardi B? He stood up and started walking as straight as possible towards the dance floor. How can he just sit and not shake his ass when Up is playing?

Taehyun wobbled and bumped into someone. He bowed down and mumbled a sorry but that man he bumped into wasn't in the mood to let it slide.

He stood towering over Taehyun and growled, making Taehyun shudder. He smelled alcohol on the man and knew it was best to just leave him alone. Before he could turn away, a strong hand grabbed him by the collar and yanked him back.

"Where do you think you are going?" That man breathed.

"I-i am sorry sir"

The man in front of Taehyun roared and dragged Taehyun to the back of the club. The smell of trash hit Taehyun as soon as he stepped out. He couldn't focus much, all he knew was that he was in some sketchy alley with a drunk dude. He felt a pair of hands grip his shirt, forcing it to open. If Taehyun wasn't wasted like he was at the moment, he would have punched the man in his guts and knocked him out cold, but right now, it was hard to even stand straight. He tried to push the man away but couldn't.

Taehyun closed his eyes, expecting the worst to happen but it never came. Instead, he felt the heavy body detach itself from him. He heard a glass bottle shatter and the next thing he knew, he was getting dragged by someone. Someone whose hands were much softer and smaller. His eyes fluttered open and he saw the back of someone's head but his eyes couldn't focus properly. All he knew was this person just saved him from getting assaulted.

...

Taehyun was exhausted after running for the past god knows how many minutes. His savior and him stood in front of an abundant park, panting heavily. Taehyun practically crawled to the nearest bench and plopped himself down. His body was threatening to pass out. He gathered enough strength and looked up at the boy who was standing near the bench, watching him. His image was blurry, thanks to the alcohol. All Taehyun could make out were black clothes and black hair. He slowly sat up and tried to look properly but failed. His eyes were shutting down.

"Are you Sunwoo?" He asked.

"No I am not Sunwoo" the boy replied. His voice was deep and husky but calming at the same time.

"Of course you are not. That jerk ditched me in the club" a laugh erupted from Taehyun's mouth which instantly turned into wails. He doesn't know why but he was crying thinking about the boy who left him all alone in a strange place. He was mad at himself for agreeing to go on a date with that asshole.

"Hey don't cry" the boy sat beside him and patted his back. Lemons. He smells like lemons, Taehyun thought.

"Thank you for saving me, Mr. Stranger" Taehyun mumbled. He knows it's best not to trust random people and he should probably get up and walk away but he didn't. He sat beside him, basking in his citrus fragrance.

"Do you think you can go back home? I can call you a cab" the boy asked. He shook Taehyun a little to bring him out of his slumber.

Taehyun nodded but before he could tell him to call a cab, he threw up all the alcohol that was inside his body, right in front of the boy, and passed out.