II: My Nemesis. My First Enemy. :II

Sun streamed through an open window directly into Wilbur’s eyes.

He glared at the sun and grabbed his phone off the bedside table. Ironically, the screen lit up with a new text message.

🩸The Blood God🩸
Three new messages

This job was taxing. Mentally and physically. Most people actually offed themselves after their third or fourth job.

But not Wilbur.

No not himself. He had a brother that he needed to support, he told himself. He had bills to pay, he told himself. He had groceries to buy, he told himself.

But every once in a while a little voice spoke.

You enjoy it.

Did he? Did he enjoy taking away the lives of so many people just so he could live a comfortable life?

He decidedly answered, no, he didn't like killing people, but it was worth it.

It was worth it to see the look on Tommy's face when he said they were going to get icecream.

It was worth it to be able to watch him grow up the rest of his life with food in his stomach and a most of the time heated house.

Wilbur clicked open Techno's text messages and read them.

🩸The Blood God🩸

I've got a "challenge" for you

Meet me in my office.

Oh and bring Toms I haven't seen the kid in a while.

OMW blade

Wilbur dressed himself in his classic maroon beanie and yellow sweater paired with some swag ripped black jeans.

He didn't want to wake the gremlin child (Tommy really wasn't a morning person), but the Blade demanded his presence.

He swung Tommy's door open souldlessly and walked to where Tommy laid on the bed.

"Hey! Bitch boy! Get up!"

"Wilburrrrrrrrrr-"

"Techno wants to see you."

"I'm up!"

Tommy sat straight up banging his head right into Wil's.

"Bloody hell kid, what the fuck was that for?"

"Sorry Wil."

He rubbed his forehead trying to relieve the pain.

"It's fine, go grab a granola bar and hop in the car I'll be there in a sec."

Tommy gave him two thumbs up and ran down the stairs. Wilbur sighed and closed Tommy's door, heading back to his own room.

He scooped up a backpack and hauled it onto his back. It was super heavy.

Probably because of all the knives and shit he's got in there.

These weapons have no fucking right to be as heavy as they are.

"WILBURRRRRRRR-"

"COMING TOMMY!"

Wilbur walked to the car where Tommy was anxiously fidgeting in the passenger seat. He slid into the driver's seat and started it up. The car revved to life and they backed out of the drive way, finally on their way to the ice cream shop.