vii. | "us too!"

☽☽☽

☽☽☽

THE LOST AND FOUND was pulled from the front office and into the hallway in front of the men and women bathrooms, so they could go into a bathroom stall to change into different clothes or shoes, ones that didn't have Sam's blood coated on top of the fabric.

Alexander was quite astonished to find himself in Shadyside's high school. He never thought he'd see the day, until now. He stared at the many clothes, deciding what he would want to wear. It had to be something that was somewhat his style.

"Alright, we have to decontaminate. You can't have a single drop of Sam's blood on you." Josh explained.

Sam sighed. "Well, not much I can do about that." she stormed away. Immediately, Deena followed her. Alexander frowned, he wanted to comfort Sam, but he knew she needed space and Deena. Josh yelled at his sister, saying she would have to strip down and change, too.

Alexander picked up a leather jacket, a green shirt and some blue jeans. These clothes really reminded him of his dad when he was younger and wanted to be like one of those greasers. He was one of those wannabes.

"Rub-a-dub-dub-time!" Simon exclaimed.

"Yeah!" Alexander smiled.

Kate was about to open the bathroom stall door, then she turned to the three men. "Hey, I don't want to go in by myself." she swallowed thickly.

Simon looked at Josh then went inside the bathroom. Alexander gave the younger boy a thumbs up, before he followed Simon into the bathroom to find Simon was already stripping down.

"You just gonna stare at my ass?" Simon questioned.

Alexander shrugged. "It's a nice view."

Simon scoffed.

Alexander began to strip down himself, until he was wearing nothing but his underwear. He pulled a shirt over his head and pulled on his pants, then he slipped into his new pair of shoes.

"You know. . . I'm scared we're gonna die tonight," Simon softly laughed. "Isn't that stupid?"

Alexander looked him in the eye as a half-dressed Simon was standing in front of a mirror. "No, it's not stupid. It's expected."

"Why?"

"Already we've almost died by those dead people. It's almost like we're living in one of those rated 'R' horror and thriller movies."

"True."

Alexander walked up behind Simon, wrapping his arms around his torso, his fingers underneath the band of his underwear. "It'll be alright, you'll be fine."

Simon nodded. "Yeah."

"Maybe this will take your mind off of things."

"What?"