Chapter Sixty: God Only Knows

We had to get up at a ridiculous hour the next morning but it all went so quickly. Before I knew what was happening, I was on the plane to Berlin. I slept a lot of the way. I order death to all early morning flights.

We landed in Berlin and I couldn't get my mood down. I was so excited. My ancestors were from Germany, and while they were from Dresden and Munich, not Berlin, it still felt nice. I never thought I'd get here.

"Heck, yeah. Germany!" Ashton yelled as we walked down the hallway to the terminal.

"I believe the correct terminology is Deutschland." I smiled.

"You can speak German?" Luke had his eyebrows raised.

"Deutsch? Ein wenig, ja." I was met with wide eyes. "A little yeah. Here, I'll get us coffee." They followed me to a coffee shop. "Hallo. Funf tasse kaffee mit drei zucker und milch bitte." I smiled at the attendant who nodded with a smile. Either I was correct or it was good enough that she knew what I wanted.

"What did you order?" Calum asked.

"Five cups of coffee with three sugars and milk."

"That's awesome." Michael had his arm over my shoulder. "Can you speak any other language?"

"I can ask for sex in French." Their faces went straight.

"Seriously?" Luke asked.

"Yeah. Voulez-vous couche avec moi, c'est soir ? » I laughed at their surprised faces. My name was called and I stepped forward. "Dankeschön." I smiled. "Auf Wiedersehen."

"Your German is excellent." The girl said at I handed the boys their coffee. It startled me.

"Oh my goodness." I breathed. "You probably think I'm an idiot. I could've just ordered in English."

"Why would you do that? You're in Germany." She smiled warmly at me. "And I must say, you're a very good tourist if your German's that good. Is your family form here?"

"About five generations back, we're from Dresden."

"Dresden's very pretty." She sighed and seemed to be lost in thought. I guess Dresden's very pretty.

"Anyway, I better go. Thanks for the coffee. Have a gutentag." I winked and she waved shyly.

"Could she speak English?" Calum asked, surprised.

"Yep, just humiliated myself."

The Berlin hotel was gorgeous. The architecture was astounding and all you could do was stare at it, well until something one grabs your wrist and drags you inside the hotel which requires more staring. Luke had to physically drag me up to the room and handed me a card before ordering me to go inside while he went to his room which he was sharing with Ashton. I changed after such a sweaty morning. It was half past eleven and I was in need of a shower and food. I fulfilled the shower need and ordered some pasta from room service to fulfil the food need. A knock on the door interrupted my feast of bacon carbonara as Luke and Mikey walked in.

"Hey."

"Hello." I said through a mouthful of pasta and sauce.

"What's that?" Mike asked.

"Bacon Carbonara. What's up?"

"We're bored and you normally have something going on so..." Luke shrugged and began twisting his lip ring.

"Well," I looked through the planner on my phone, "a journalist from a German magazine will be meeting us at the venue."

"Oh. Ok. I mean, do you have anything going on now?" Luke said impatiently and I sighed.