Chapter Ten: Talia's Tales

// Chapter Ten: Talia's Tales //

The bus did indeed leave at ten thirty. The other three were back just in time. I’d chosen the bunk above Luke and across from Michael. I don’t know why I did that. I’m surrounded by guys.

“We’ll get to Sheffield fairly quickly but they won’t wake us. Heck I’m not even tired.” Ashton roared. He decided he’d give me a tour of the bus, even though I’d already got one. “Here’s the kitchen/dining area.” He said, standing at the front on the bus, as we ate up the road.

“I know Ashton. Mikey already gave me a tour.” I sighed and combed my hand through my hair. I’d taken it out of its braid and had it hanging down my back in waves.

“But you haven’t had the Irwin experience.” He had a smile that made it look like he was going to show me a Ferris wheel or surprise me with a tank full of spiders. I scrunched my nose at him.

“I don’t even want to know what that involves.” I looked warily at him as he pieced it together. I knew he had when he laughed like a teenage girl.

“No, no Carrie. There are three other guys here. It’s a confined space. We couldn’t do that.” He winked at me before staring at my chest.

“Hey, Ashton. My face is up here.” I pulled his chin up with my finger and raised an eyebrow as he grinned guiltily. “I know I have boobs, but so does every girl on the planet.” I half-smiled at him and his childishness before starting to make a cup of tea. “Catch ya.” I winked back at him and went through the door to the ‘sleeping chambers’ as Michael insisted on calling them. There was no one around so I took out my phone from my bag and called Talia. As it was quarter to eleven at night here, it was about quarter to ten in the morning In Sydney. I dialled her number and prayed she wasn’t busy. She wasn’t and she answered on the third ring.

“Hey Caz. How are you?”

“Talia, you know I hate being called that.” I pleaded.

“Sorry, sorry. How are you? And why can I hear yelling in the background? And rumbling. Are you in a club?”

“No way. I’m on a bus. And I’m good.” I replied. Calum, Luke and Michael were playing Call of Duty in the back lounge and were yelling at each other quite frequently.

“How have the boys been? I mean apart from cute and perfect and sexy and adorable and all that nice stuff.” Talia squealed through the phone. I was kind of worried the boys had heard her.

“They’ve been good actually. We’ve had a pretty good time so far. We filmed a video earlier today.”

“Yeah about that,” She began. “I went on Tumblr this morning and the amount of gifs it has is unbelievable. You have gif sets, of you. There’re ones of you standing next to Luke and of you asking them questions. There’s also gifs of the Glasgow concert. I only know because that’s what the caption is but there’s a video of you singing with Luke and hugging Michael and being hugged by Calum.”

“Wow.”

“Yeah and your video with them already has over 100 000 views on YouTube. And I haven’t checked your blog.” She added.

“That’s insane.” I breathed.

“It’s great what you’re doing babe. You’re really lucky, but I want to warn you.”

“Warn me?”

“The fandom might start to get annoyed with you.” She warned.

“Why?”

“You’re constantly around the boys. You’ve come out of nowhere and now you’re performing with them, hugging them. Just be careful.”

“Isn’t it the same with Gemma Styles?” I asked.