Chapter 11: The date continues

Gajeel's POV
"Thank you, Gajeel," Y/n mumbled. "Now, why don't we see if Stella and Lily wanna sing a song together. I kinda wanna hear them do a duet together. Heh heh!"

"Sure," I replied, breaking the hug. "I'll go get them."

After getting the exceeds

"So, you guys wanna do a duet together?" Y/n asked.

"I don't know," Lily replied. "I'm not that good at singing."

"Bull crap," I countered.

"Yeah," Stella agreed. "You were really good when you and I were singing Angel With A Shotgun with them. Please, Lily? For me?"

"Uh oh," Y/n mumbled, even making a scared face and running behind me. "Not that. Please, anything but that."

"What's up, Y/n?" I asked, obviously confused as to what's happening. "What do you mean by 'Uh oh'? And what's with that face?"

"Those are Stella's puppy eyes," Y/n answered. "When she pulls them out, there's no way you can say 'no' to her. And if you say 'no' to her, she'll never stop until you give in. Please, Lily. Just do it so she'll stop her puppy eyes."

"Fine," Lily replied. "I'll do it, but on one condition. Y/n and Gajeel get to pick the song."

"YAY!" Stella cheered, clearly excited about singing with Lily. "Ok. Y/n and Gajeel, go ahead and pick the song!"

"How about Someone You Loved by Lewis Capaldi?" Y/n suggested. "It's a really good song. Another one of my favorites, too."

Narrator's POV
"Alright then," Lily agreed. "That'll work."

After Lily had agreed to the song, Y/n walked up to the karaoke machine and pulled up Someone You Loved by Lewis Capaldi.

Soon after she pulled up the song and before she pressed play, she handed the exceeds pet brushes to use as microphones.

"I hope these will do for microphones, Lily," Y/n said nervously. "They don't exactly make microphones small enough for exceeds. I'm sorry. Heh heh."

Then she walked back up to the karaoke machine and pressed play.

(Author's Note: italics are PantherLily, bold is Stella, and underlined is both)

I'm going under and this time I fear there's no one to save me
This all or nothing really got a way of driving me crazy
I need somebody to heal
Somebody to know
Somebody to have
Somebody to hold
It's easy to say
But it's never the same
I guess I kinda like the way you numbed all the pain

Now the day bleeds
Into nightfall
And you're not here
To get me through it all
I let my guard down
And then you pulled the rug
I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved

I'm going under and this time I fear there's no one to turn to
This all or nothing way of loving got me sleeping without you
Now, I need somebody to know
Somebody to heal
Somebody to have
Just to know how it feels
It's easy to say but it's never the same
I guess I kinda like the way you helped me escape

Now the day bleeds
Into nightfall
And you're not here
To get me through it all
I let my guard down
And then you pulled the rug
I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved