Chapter 100: Come & Karma

Please excuse ANY grammatical errors.

August 20, 1998

~J. Cole's P.O.V~

"Oh yeah, to my college girl, take the weekend off and come home soon
I graduated way too long ago to be sneakin' all in your dorm room
But that thing tight like Fort Knox
So I call you when the tour stops
But baby where your roommates, did you make sure the door's locked?
She love it when we get together
Smoke a little weed but her shit together
Now that I'm on, I can pick and choose
Only fuck with hoes who got shit to lose
Yeah, I heard the stories about different dudes
Her man on campus but it's fine by me
She say she only fucked like 4-5 niggas
So you know you gotta multiply by 3."  I finished my rap.

"Nobody's perfect, nobody's perfect ey, ey
But you're perfect for me
Nobody's perfect, nobody's perfect ey
But you're perfect for me...
We rollin', we ridin'

He like to go inside and
I love to go all night and
We rock the boat, Poseidon
I love to call your name, name, name
Baby I love to call your name, name, name, yeah!" Missy sang into the microphone then we pressed the stop button.

"That was good!" Courtney said through the speaker and clapped.

"Hell, yeah it was!" I dapped Missy up then we exited the booth. "That shit was dope. You should sing more."

"I never stopped singin', I just rap too." Missy said as I opened the door for her to leave.

PERSONALLY, I don't think she can rap, but she can ride the beat. Her raps are mostly nonsense that rhyme. BUT she can blow. I'm not hating because, HEY it's bringing the money in.

"Why don't you get in the booth?" I asked Courtney. "You can't sing, but you can SANG!"

"Can she?" Missy asked me taking a seat.

"She can." I answered quickly with a nod. "She be freestylin' her lyrics and shit be soundin' good." I turned back to Courtney. "It's just for fun. We ain't gon' judge you. EVERYBODY loves your singing. Come on, Courtney!" I patted her shoulder.

"Alright! Relax!" She stood up. "I'll go."

I walked to the booth door. "Gon' 'head."

She went in while I sat in front of the control. The mixer/engineer, Junny spoke to her through the speaker. "Whenever you ready."

She grabbed the headphones then dropped them. "Courtney..." I said into the intercom. "Be careful."

"And calm! She 'bouta break some shit." Junny frowned.

"Aye, you calm down. Shit still work." I told him. "Drop the beat." I said once I got clarity from Courtney.

She bobbed her head for a while to get a feel of it. "I need to get a feel for it first to find my tempo. Bear with me." Courtney said into the mic.

Junny looked at me then pressed the button to the speaker. "All the way through?" He asked Courtney.

"If it constantly changing then yes if not then say so." She told him. "Don't be rude about it, John."