The lockup...

9 months later...

It had been nine months since the particle accelerator explosion. The explosion that gave me my powers. As far as the world was concerned, Jenna Heywood was missing- presumed dead in the particle accelerator explosion. I didn't use my own face anymore. I shifted around using strangers that I saw on the streets and people I saw in ads and commercials to get by. Everything was normal today. Well, my new version of normal. Until I saw a woman getting beaten up in an alley.

"Hey!" I ran into the alleyway and started to fight off the men. One of them had a gun and shot me in the back of the head, but I quickly healed. Another pro of shapeshifting, I was immortal. Two of the men quickly ran away after that, but one stayed behind.

"You're- you're one of them." He quickly murmured an incantation and I was sucked through some sort of portal. When I turned around, there was something that looked like an ogre standing over me. But, ogres don't exist. Well, until nine months I didn't think shapeshifters existed either. He balled up his fist and was about to punch me when a bigger ogre stopped him.

"Back away." The other ogre obeyed and ran away. The ogre was actually a shapeshifter. She shifted into human form and bent down to my level. "You okay, mate?" She had a strong British accent.

"Yeah." I looked at her dumbfounded.

"Oh, my name's Charlie. I'm a shapeshifter." She stuck out her hand and I shook it.

"Jenna. Jenna Heywood. Also a shapeshifter. But, I got my powers artificially." I explained to her.

"You must have been put here by accident then. This is for magical creatures."

"Oh, sorry." I looked down at the skin suit I was in. "This isn't my natural form." I shapeshifted into myself.

"Neither is this." She shapeshifted into another form. "But, this is the human form I'm in. I'm a fate."

"As in the three old Greek ladies?"

"Well, we don't like to be called that, but yeah."
"Which one are you?"

"Clotho. The spinner." And from there, a beautiful friendship was born.

XXX

Some time later...

It's been a while. How long? I don't know. It's hard to tell time in here. Charlie taught me how to shapeshift into any monster I can to threaten other monsters. Me and Charlie were tossing a handball to one another when a portal opened. Except, no one came through it. A unicorn trotted its way through as did a fairy godmother with Charlie and I following behind. However, when we exited the portal, the unicorn and the godmother weren't there.

"Excuse me." I stopped a civilian. "Where are we?"

"London." He was about to walk away, but I stopped him again.

"What year?"

"1977." He pushed out of my grip and walked away.

"Mate, I don't think we're where we're supposed to be."

"Or when." I added to Charlie's statement.

A/N

Sorry I know these chapters are short but the next will definitely be longer. Hope you enjoy!