Chapter Five: Take A Break (Pt. 1)

John watched Phillip do his work. His "life" was perfect right now, and Phillip was safe. Suddenly, the child stood up. "Done!" Phillip said, smiling.

John grinned. "Awesome!"

"Hey... John?"

"Yeah?"

Phillip bit his lip. "I-Th-I've been meaning to ask you this f-for a while now and this is really, REALLY random, but who-... and what- are you?"

Shoot.

John took a deep breath. "I'm your Guardian Angel of some sort, and your father's dead boyf-" John cut himself off, coughing. "I MEAN BEST FRIEND. BEST FRIEND."

Phillip raised an eyebrow. "Sure you do," he teased.

John glared jokingly.

Phillip put both his hands up. "Sorry!"

"So, let's see this poem you have here," John said, quickly changing the subject.

***

"Phillip, it's time for your piano lessons!" Eliza called from the living room.

Phillip ran down. He loved learning piano.

Eliza smiled and her son's enthusiasm.

"We're going to start off where we left off, okay?"

"Okay!"

Eliza played a few notes. "Un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq, six, sept, huit, nuef," she sang, and then looked at her son. "Can you do that?"

Phillip nodded, putting his hands on the keys. "Un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq, six, sept, huit, nuef."

"Good." Eliza smiled. 

Eliza played a similar tune, changing a few notes.

"Un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq, six, sept, huit, nuef."

"Un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq, six, sept, huit nuef," Phillip smirked, purposely changing the melody.

"Sept, huit, nuef," Eliza said, correcting his mistake.

"Sept, huit, nuef," Phillip repeated, changing the tune yet again.

Eliza sighed. "Sept, huit, nuef."

"Sept, huit, nuef."

Eliza looked at Phillip, hiding her annoyance. "Let's try this in English. We've done this before, right?"

Phillip nodded.

"One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine," they sang in unison, with Phillip still changing the melody at the end.

Eliza opened her mouth about to yell at Phillip for not getting it right, but she stopped when she saw Phillip with a huge smirk on his face. 

"Oh. My. God. Phillip," she said, though Phillip could see that she was, in fact, amused. "STOP CHANGING THE DAMN TUNE!"

John smirked at Phillip, "Yeah, Phillip, your getting a free french, piano, and singing lesson. Be grateful."

Phillip glared at him.

"Phillip!" Eliza shook him. "Focus, please. So, for your birthday, you were thinking about playing our new piece right?" she asked.

Phillip hesitated for a second. "Actually, I was thinking about reciting a poem?" Phillip handed his mom a piece of paper that he had kept in his pocket.

Eliza sighed, giving in.

"Okay."

It was his birthday, after all.

***

"Take a break!" Eliza said in a sing-song voice, entering Alexander's room upstairs.

"I am on my way," he said tiredly, quickly and subtlety covering a letter on his desk. 

"There's a little surprise before dinner and it cannot wait..."

"I'll be there in just a minute, save my plate."

"Alexander..."

"Okay, okay," Alex got up from his chair.

"Your son is nine years old today, there's something he'd like to say. He's been practicing all day..."

Eliza led Alex down the stairs.

"Phillip, take it away!"

A/N: I have not updated in a long time lol, I've been procrastinating for everything- anyways just wanted to say sorry, and hopefully part 2 to chapter 5 will be out soon! ^^|| I'll try to update the four gems soon too, but i've been experiencing major writers block currently :PP