A song of gisaengs, and a love of a princess

IMPORTANT NOTE BEFORE PROCEEDING, PLEASE READ!

This chapter has been the hardest one to write. I'm actually nervous, putting this out, but I hope you guys enjoy it. Freizorclam has co-written this chapter with me, much love to her. Ready yourselves, buckle up, and let's take Jade Hope further.

Trigger Warning!!! This chapter contains rated scenes and themes like underage sex (only for this chap), power play, and such. hshssksk Is this how you normally warn people??

What is beauty without pleasure?

And art without song?

What is a woman without love?

And love without hurt?

"The feelings that hurt most, the emotions that sting most, are those that are absurd – The longing for impossible things, precisely because they are impossible; nostalgia for what never was; the desire for what could have been; regret over not being someone else; dissatisfaction with the world's existence. All these half-tones of the soul's consciousness create in us a painful landscape, an eternal sunset of what we are."
― Fernando Pessoa

CHAPTER 11:

A song of gisaengs, and a love of a princess

Previously: As fast as they could, the eunuchs left the room. And once the Crown Prince was in the privacy of his baths, the servants let out a huge sigh collectively. The commanding presence of the prince always served to keep them on their toes, his cold voice sending shivers down their spines, and his sharp monolid eyes making them fear for their lives.

For what servant would not fear, if they are serving the slave-slayer himself.

The moon-less sky served to hide the shadow of a man going about the King's palace, neither the servants nor the guards of Joseon's King took notice of the eumsogo entering their King's chambers.

Do Kyungsoo, personal guard of the Crown Prince and an eumsogo, silently made his way towards the King's room, nervous. For it is the first time that Kyungsoo would be going to the King this late at night. Not knowing what to expect, for the King could be sleeping or have other people for company... but Kyungsoo figured that he was only following the King's own words, and thus proceeded to infiltrate the most secure palace in the Imperial Capital.

Dropping from the roof's ledge, Kyungsoo slid inside the King's personal library that was directly connected to the King's sleeping chambers. Hearing high pitched laughter, Kyungsoo immediately dropped low to the ground, the King had company, a woman by the sound of the voice. Moving carefully to peek and see if he could talk to the King.

Opening one sliding door, Kyungsoo leaned forward and saw that the King was sitting on his bed whilst two women attended to him, and by their faces... They weren't imperial consorts.

It seems that both father and son had one similarity... They both enjoyed women.

The eumsogo's observation of the King was promptly halted when Kyungsoo felt the scruff of his hanbok being pulled away from the door. If Kyungsoo still held the ability to create sound, he knew that a shout of surprise would have alerted the King of his presence, fortunately, he has long been mute.

Grabbing the forearm of the person that pulled him, Kyungsoo turned and was about to apprehend his assailant but saw that it was his father... adopted father to be precise, that had stopped him from spying on the King. Captain Do Jinsoo of the eumsogo guards.