Freedom (Book 2 Epilogue)

Book 2 Epilogue: Freedom

Beep
Beep
Beep
Beep
Beep
Beep

Sapphira groaned in annoyance at the annoying beeping sound that filled her ears. Straining her eyes open, she was greeted by a plain white ceiling that had a few embedded ceiling lights above her.

"What?" Sapphira's other senses returned as she smelled fluids which she took notice of an IV drip and blood bag that were hooked into her veins, and a Sylveon and Scarabax Beetle curled up together between her waist and right arm that the tubes connected to right beside near her as they slept together peacefully.

Sapphira despised the feeling of the tubes up her nose that helped her breathe, but it was easily blocked by the sight of Fae and Click by her side as they slept together while curled up against her. She was always worried how the two would get along, but all those worries melted away at this sight as they were both there for her no matter what differences they may have.

Hearing a door open, Sapphira looked up as she took notice of a familiar-to her-redheaded woman with amber colored eyes which had a pair of silvery grey eyeglasses over them, wearing a bage turtle neck underneath a soft maroon trenchcoat, a pair of lightish blue skinny jeans and a pair of brown ankle boots entered the room.

"Auntie Clara?" Sapphira asked in disbelief of the sight of the woman in front of her. The woman looked at Sapphira and a smile full of relief and joy at the sight of the blue-ette being alive and well, spread across her face. "Oh by the Great Beings Sapphira your okay." The redheaded woman that was Sapphira's Aunt Clara said as she hugged her niece close to her in joy, which caused Fae and Click to wake up.

Sapphira's eyes widened in shock at her word, her aunt knew of the Great Beings? "I-what?" Clara pulled away from her niece as she carefully held her shoulders, being mindful of the stitches on her left shoulder as she sat next to her on the hospital cot. "You have no idea the amount of lies I had to tell these doctors at how rapid your injuries were healing for them to not question so much, because that damn Great Spirit decided to let his energies heal you." Clara ranted to her niece, keeping her tone quiet so no one else heard them.

"Auntie, you know about all of them?" Sapphira asked her aunt, still trying to grasp every single ounce of what was being told to her. Clara sighed as she rubbed her eyes, "Yes I do, I was there to help Mata Nui's mother when it came to her having that said boy and his brother's." Clara began to explain, "Sapphira your parents and myself are far from human, we're the only five still known Toa that were created from the Great Beings themselves, permanently Toa and unable to die unless our masks are shattered which also goes to our own descendants and offspring." Clara continued to explain, brushing some of her niece's dyed royal blue hair that had some hints of her golden blonde locks of hair peeking through the fading hair dye.

Click and Fae laid in Sapphira's lap to help keep her comfortable and calm as her Aunt continued to explain. "Irene, Eric and myself wanted nothing more than to keep you safe, but when it came to a strict rule for us by the orders of the Great Beings themselves, when something is destined to happen in the future that even me and Eric are able to see of happening, we must force ourselves to let it happen matter what that is that the Great Beings want to happen." Clara explained, noticing the tears that slowly fell from Sapphira's eyes. "Did they want me to be abused then?" Sapphira asked her aunt quietly.