4: About the attention whore

Song: Safety Net by Ariana Grande featuring Ty Dollar $ign

»»»»»»»»»»

"Eddie!!!" I called towards him and waved him over. He hesitated, but then started towards us.

Sam's neck turned in that direction so fast, you'll think Klaus snapped it.

Chloe's mouth dropped open at the sight before her, which was Eddie striding toward us in all his 6 foot glory.

"There is no way that is Eddison Gray!!!" Chloe exclaimed.

"Exactly my thoughts. Where's the drama nerd?" Ella asked.

"Don't be rude." I cautioned.

Harry scoffed. "That's who you guys call Little Eddie? Sam come on, he's even more muscular than you."

Sam shot him a glare and Harry raised his hands in mock surrender. "Just pointing out the obvious."

"You're making it worse." I warned Harry as I patted Sam's shoulders, "Dear, dear."

He turned back to Eddie who was only a few feet away from us and scoffed, "There's no way that is Edmund."

I rolled my eyes at how he intentionally got his name wrong.

When Eddie got over to us, he had a smirk plastered on his face. "Do you want me to pinch you Samuel? Or have you already realized that this is real, and I am in fact Eddie Gray?" He teased.

Sam clenched his jaw in anger.

I shook my head. "I warned you not to call him that."

He turned to me, smiled and raised his hands in surrender. "He called me Edmund."

I chuckled. Harry stretched out his hand to him. "Hi. I'm Harry. Nice to meet you."

Eddie shook his hand. "Nice to meet you too. You'll tell me your little secret of how you found your way into their clique." He teased and Harry chuckled.

"So it really is you?" Chloe questioned as she got up.

He smiled. "Nice to see you again Chloe." He turned to Ella. "You too Ella."

He noticed the proximity between Sam and Ella and gave me a knowing look. I just nodded discretely and then shook my head silently begging he won't bring attention to it.

Sam scoffed. "I see you still have your pathetic crush on Rev. Just letting you know her feelings towards you haven't changed."

I saw a flicker of embarrassment in Eddie's eyes.

"Sam." It was my turn to scold him.

"What?" He turned to me and tried to give me his innocent look but I held my glare.

He rolled his eyes and shrugged. "You're one to talk. It's not like you were exactly welcoming to Ella and she's actually our friend."

"I better go." Eddie said as he turned around, walking away.

I turned back to Sam. "But at least I knew how to say sorry." I stood up and started walking after Eddie.

I heard him groan. "Rev! Come on, don't be like that."

I ignored him and ran to catch up with Eddie. When I fell in step with him, he spoke up. "I guess Samuel hasn't changed."

I sighed. "He's not usually like that. I don't know what came over him."

He stopped and turned to me. "Do you always make excuses for him? Or can he actually apologize for himself?"

"He's not a bad person." I replied.