glad goodbyes | 35

Noahs surfboard hits the waves, the boards designed for the lifeguard towers had motors at the back to get them out to the people faster. Yet they were practicable. 

"Why does he always look like he's in slow motion?" Karl asked Quackity, who were both in the tower. And Quackity radioed through the tower's shared radios quickly, "Karl thinks you look like a babe.

"Thanks Karl." Noah replies quickly.

Karl flipped off Quackity, who only grinned back at him. "So what's Noahs slow-mo rating?" Quackity asked, watching as the man helped the drowning woman up onto the board. 

"I'd say eight."

"Nah but what about when he's shirtless?" Quackity protested.

They agreed on 8.5, plus -2 divide 8. It left him in the negatives in reality, but to them he was still an 8.5.

"What about Tina?" Karl asked, pointing to the lifeguard who was helping a lost child return to his parents

"Solid six." 

They didn't help to notice Noah already bringing back the drowning woman, who was no longer drowning and actually trying to flirt with the poor guy.

"Yeah, six. Okay, ooh! Sapnap." Karl points to the brunette, who was out in the water with a surfboard, saving someone from a riptide. "Sapnap's never in slow-motion. He's always moving too fast." Quackity points out.

They agree on a two.

"George is a nine, no doubt." Quackity observes the man in the black-washed hoodie, who was patching up a kids cuts. Their mother nearby. "George is literally putting a band-aide on a child, shut the fuck up, nimrod." Karl snaps blatantly.

"Okay lets send him on a fake mission." Quackity shrugs, binoculars up again to watch over Sapnap.

"Or we could just order him to go on a mile run." Karl thinks aloud. 

Quackity sent him a deadpanned look, "he's our captain, why would he listen to us?" He then snapped.

"Oh! He's running back towards the tower!" 

They both observed George, and their gawking eyes were caught by Georges, who only flipped them off. "Ten." They murmured in unison.

They continued to rate everyones slow-motions, and now they watch as Dream runs up to George, grabbing the man from his waist and twirling him in circles. "Since when were they so close."

"I saw them making out in the parking lot yesterday. Ever since they got back from Miami two weeks ago..." Quackity trails off, "Yeah shits up with them."

two weeks, yes. Two weeks they've hidden their sad excuse of a relationship.

"Wait, they made out? And you, you... told no one?" Karl tries to understand carefully, he narrowed his eyes, pinching Quackitys cheeks. "Let mwe gwo." Quackity said with little enthusiasm and a glare.

"Since when do you keep things a secret?" Karl gargled with surprise. 

"Since things were never my business, I'm sure if they were open and wanted the whole world to know, they would've." Karl understands this, and nods, letting Quackitys cheeks go and the man only rubbed his red cheeks.

Why they were red, was not because of them being pinched.

"Are they dating?" Karl asked, now fully interested in his two best friends relationship. Secret relationship, and he watched as the two picked up the red flags with gentle banter stringing through the salt air.