28 || You And The Princess?

hi hi.

we're at 5k...?

um.... I'm speechless.

thank you. from the bottom of my heart.

also... he's back.

enjoy.

____________

3 hours ago -- when Claire stole him away -- 1 a.m.

Harry Styles

I was already annoyed by the time Claire had shoved me into her room.

I wanted to go back to Lennon. We were in the middle of something, about to step into a new area of...whatever we are.

Along with that and the excitement it held...I was happy.

That's all she's made me.

Seeing her smile amidst all the shit we were caught in the middle of, was enough to reassure me that we'd be okay.

I hope that's what it is.

It amazes me that she's able to smile and laugh--disregard everything that's happened and live in each moment we get.

I feel terrible for snapping at her.

But I spoke the truth, no matter how hard it was on my end to voice. I didn't want her to pity me--see me as someone different.

Even if I wanted to answer her questions differently.

I wanted to tell her everything. It's easy with her...she pulls it all out of me. I don't think she'd judge me. She's been the first--only person--aside from my mom and sister--that has encouraged me to be who I am.

Who I want to be. Who I want to go back to being before it was beaten out of me.

I couldn't. I needed to move on. There's no point in reliving the past--falling into rumors that have no proof of being real. If I focused on them, they'd pull me from my focus. Pull me from her and all the light she's brought.

I always shut down.

I can't allow it with her around. I don't want her to take it the wrong way.

But it keeps coming up...

I hope she understands.

"So," Claire trailed, shutting the door and turning to look at me, "you and the princess?"

"What about it?"

"Seems like you two have gotten close."

"I'm her bodyguard."

"Is that all you are?"

"It's what my contract states."

"And what do you state?"

I bit my tongue, earning a brow raise from her. "Doesn't matter." Claire frowned. "What did you need to show me?"

Her shoulders softened, taking a step further into the room. "Harry, you don't need to hide-"

"What did you need to show me?"

A flash of worry--sorrow. She hesitated, flickering her gaze between my pupils before passing me to walk to her desk. With the opening of her laptop, the screen lit up; multiple tabs open, a secure email database, separate from the one used overall. The black circle in the right hand corner, outlined with neon green was enough to tell me she's using the top security system invented.