53 || Defeated

hi besties <3 

this is PART 1 of a two part update!

I missed you so much

thank you always for your patience

let's get back into it

___________________________

Zayn Malik

The first day at The Division you hear of a man. A man who was once a boy, dropped off at the vault door at the age of seven, from a father who couldn't care if he lived or died. Many say he showed up with bruises and a limp, some say he walked in with an ego that couldn't ever be taught. The few who knew the truth said we were all right, and all wrong, all at once. He was a mystery. He was a threat and we all had to watch out for him. His troubled upbringing made him impossible to get along with, and his training and special hatred from Arthur, left him stone cold, heartless, wicked.

But he was the best. He was highly skilled in every element–technology, hand-to-hand combat, weaponry, stealth, manipulation. Through the walls, you heard of a time he got into a captives head, so deep, he drove the man to insanity and the man gouged his own eyes out to stop from seeing the agent who haunted his dreams.

He was ruthless, but the most decorated agent that ever came from The Division. And never rose to Leader, because it wasn't a life he wanted. Not after his Leader ruined him, and the one after made sure he'd never see the title passed to him.

But that very man wasn't ruined. And I knew that after he saved us from the burning safe house. I knew it after he fixed up the motel room he destroyed. I knew it when the biggest heart I've ever met sat outside his door during his nightmares, even when they believed they hated each other, because she, too, didn't think he was ruined.

But now...

As Harry tore apart his belongings, throbbing and wincing in pain, gasping for air from his bruised ribs, pleading to whatever would listen to his choked back begs, that this was what getting close to ruin was like.

And if he didn't get his princess back, I genuinely feared for what would come next.

From the rumors, and the reputation he held, not even the world burning into oblivion was the worst he could do.

As he passed me, the fire that burned behind his eyes was one I've never seen. It was of destruction. Created to kill, to tear, and destroy. Harry wasn't human anymore. I couldn't even classify him as a robot. He was a monster.

The monster he feared to become.

"Harry!" I shouted after him, barely able to keep up with his speed. "Where are you going? You aren't in any shape to do anything right now."

No answer. Only the deep and sharp rise and fall of his shoulders from behind. His frame barely showed he was burdened with injuries.

But I guess, that's what anger does to someone–overrides everything else.

It's the strongest emotion for a reason.

And Harry was the embodiment of it.

"Harry! Listen to me!" I reached to grab him, but with a sharp tug he was gone. I tried again and was only met with a monster-like growl. "Fucks sake, mate! Lennon is gone. You need to tell me, right now, where you are going so I can help you!"

At the mention of her name he stopped, dead in his tracks, in the middle of the basement hallway he led us down. Since my time in the Holt's castle, I've never seen this place–nor knew it existed. It was cold, dead air, cemented with remnants that seemed hundreds of years old. If remodeling had happened throughout the years, it never touched here. Cobblestone from Orelia's streets littered the floor, cracked and sticking up. The modern light fixtures seemed so out of place down here, but told me the basement was used often enough–for whatever reason.