56 || I Will Be Ruined

welcome backkkk

_____________________

Harry Styles

"On our right!" I shouted, causing Logan to yank the wheel of the car to the left, swerving us out of the way from the fiery blast behind us.

Logan focused on the road, shouting demands for all of us to follow. While Zayn and I worked to get the attackers off our ass, Niall was on the phone with Louis, who was in the process of sending us back up.

Casper had run off to the Town Square to aid the Holt family in evacuating who they could. I couldn't imagine what kind of transport they'd need to get everyone out, that is if there weren't already casualties. Orelia has its own people, and now a majority of Florence after their attack. This had to be a part of Arthur's fucked up plan.

Niall was shouting at his phone as Zayn and I hung out and in from the windows, firing all the bullets we could. I aimed at the wheels as he aimed for the drivers, slowing down two cars, only to be met with two more behind them.

"They're appearing out of thin fucking air!" I hissed.

"Get the Torpedo Blast!" Zayn ordered.

"The what?!" Niall exclaimed.

The groan that escaped my chest was short of a growl as I shrunk into the backseat, flung my long frame over the headrests and began unzipping bags to load up.

The area around was up in flames, the car wasn't stationary, one wrong press of the gas or brake and we'd flip. We could barely see anything within the car due to the time of night and the blindness the enemies headlights offered. I was practically loading blind, only relying on my lifetime of knowledge I've gained in the field.

"Niall! Get back here!" I demanded as Logan swerved the car to the right, avoiding another blast. Zayn kept shooting around us, only shielding himself when he had to reload, even Logan had taken the chance to fire a few shots when the vehicles would get close to the front.

An explosion tilted the car on its left wheels as Logan shouted, "Hold on!" And he drifted us into a spin across the dirt path, it gave us a few seconds as the enemies had to maneuver at a quick speed, stopping the gun power just for a moment.

"Where's Louis' backup?" I asked Niall as he sat beside me in the trunk. Our long bodies weren't meant for it, but we had no choice.

A beat passed as he listened into his phone. "Two minutes out. They had to find extra hands after the explosions."

I nodded before grabbing the phone and saying, "Call us if there's anything else. We'll handle this." Then tossed the phone to the side. As the car shook again I pushed the torpedo into the shaft, cocking it and pressing it to my shoulder. "When they center behind us, kick into the window as hard as you can."

Niall nodded–now knowing that asking questions will only slow us down–then pressing his back into the back seat. "Then what?"

I cocked the gun, aiming it into the back window. "Then we hope I don't miss."

"Not funny."

I shrugged. "Gotta find something."

"Not normal for you, Harry." He forced a chuckle, despite his fear of the raging headlights following our spin out pattern and working to get behind us again.

"Harry! You better know how to use that thing!" Logan shouted from the wheel.

I rolled my eyes.

"Coming up on our six! Harry, your twelve!" Zayn yelled over the passing wind.