The Breaking

The Prime Time Live Interview to Michael was stupid and a complete waste of time. Diane Sawyer wanted to see what their life was like behind closed doors. Lisa, who hated reporters, was hesitant for Diane to come into their home. Diane wanted to come to their home in the morning. Lisa always got up around 8:00 A.M. to fix breakfast for the kids. Michael usually was up by 10:00 A.M. or 11:00 A.M. Michael hadn't woken when Diane came. Diane walked around the house, saw the kids running and playing. The maid and nanny  weren't at all fazed. They were use to different people coming in and out the house. Lisa was on egg shells. She took Diane to the den and let her asked her pre interview questions.

"How has it been?" Diane asked with a shit eating grin. Lisa felt all she wanted was dirt and the bad stuff. She swallowed and forced a smile. Her stomach was in knots and she had no idea how she was going to get through a live interview if she couldn't get through a simple talk.

"It's been crazy. The cameras, fans, tabloids, all of it has been crazy."

"How did you and Michael start dating?" Diane looked around the room, she was expecting Michael to be here. Lisa caught her facial expression.

"He doesn't usually get up until later or early noon. He has a hard time sleeping." said Lisa. Diane nodded her head.

"So, how did you guys start dating and when?" Diane slightly asked forcefully. Lisa bit her bottom lip. There was no way in hell she was going tell the truth. 

"I hadn't seen him in years. I was interested in signing with a label and I put out a demo and I needed help with it. Well, I wanted help with it. The man I gave it to, knew Michael and said he would play it for him. We met at the friend's house and started talking-

"When did it turn romantic?" Diane asked cutting Lisa off. Lisa rolled her eyes and let out a sigh. 

"I don't know. It kinda happened. I can't pinpoint a day or time. I remember I took the kids to Neverland and we knew." Lisa said slightly smiling at the memory.

"What is Michael's relationship like with your kids?"

"It's great! They really do love him. He's really careful with them, very loving."

"You weren't concerned about his odd relationship with young boys and the allegations?" Lisa shook her head 'no.' 

"It's nothing. I haven't witnessed or seen anything.  I know it looks strange and inappropriate, but it's completely pure."

"I see." There was a long silence. 

Michael woke up with a slight headache. He didn't know what it was but he felt it. The interview was in three days and he had no idea why his wife wanted the world to peer into their lives. Michael did his usual morning routine. Turned his stereo on, brushed his teeth, looked through his notebook, and meditated. Danielle ran into his room excited.

"Mimi! Come with me." Danielle said jumping up in down. Michael eyes flashed open, breaking his concentration. He smiled at his step daughter, he picked her up and kissed her on the cheek.

"What's downstairs?"

"Mommy's new friend." Michael gave a curious look. He still had on his pajamas and wasn't about to change. He put his slippers on and carried Danielle downstairs.

"Where's Ben?"

"Eating."

"Oh yeah? Where's mommy?"

"In the den."

"You know everything! Smart girl." Michael walked into the den and saw a suffering Lisa talking to Diane. Lisa looked up at Michael, Diane turned around. She was taken aback by Michael. She stood up as Michael walked in the room.