Giving In

Michael Jackson was exhausted. All he wanted to do was to be in his own bed and recover from the first part of his tour. He had been on the road since June. He was tired, he wasn't in his twenties and he felt every ache.  His concert in Bucharest was being recorded for HBO, his nerves were high and he was anxious to take a break. His European leg of the tour was successful, his album sells even increased. Sold out shows and plenty of fandom. His inner circle hadn't really changed. He still surrounded himself around kids, he knew a couple of people were probably bad for him, but they were company. Michael sat half way sleep on the Boeing 747 when of his assistant  woke him up and handed him the phone. Michael really didn't feel like talking. He was headed back to the States, he was taken time off before he hit the next legs of his tour. His mother wanted him home for the winter season, and his label wanted his back for the award season. Michael reluctantly took the phone and thanked his assistant through mumbled words.

"Hello mate! Are you back yet?"

It took a moment for Michael to recognize the jolly voice of his friend Brett. 

"Hey man. I am flying back now. I will be home um...

Michael yawned. 

"In a few hours."

"You sound exhausted mate. Is everything alright?"

"Just want to sleep."

"Understood. Listen I don't wanna hit with what I got to tell you, but I want you to meet a friend of mines. She's a great girl-

"Brett, I don't want to be set up with a girl-

"No! No! Not that at all. She's married with two kids, she just had a son. Any who, she has real talent. I want to see if you can help her, yeah?"

"Yeah. Just let me rest first. I will call you when I am rested. Okay?"

November 3rd 1992 Hidden Hills CA

Lisa Marie looked at her realtor as she was trying to explain why she should buy the mansion they were looking at. She just given birth to her son, Ben, a little less than a month ago and the last thing on her mind or order of importance was buying another home. Things between she and Danny had gotten sour. With the birth of their son she thought peace was going to follow, it didn't. What made things worse was that her mother kept involving herself in their marriage. Priscilla usually took Danny's side which made her complaints  more trivial and seem combative. Danny became irritated that Lisa wanted to start her solo career. She liked Danny's brand of music, but she liked soul and alternative sound. One of her favorite bands at the moment was Smashing Pumpkins. Lisa loved Billy Corgan's lyrics, but she also appreciated the new style of R&B, she wanted to mix the two. Also, Lisa's church attendance had dropped and she went back to being a casual member. But their biggest arguments came because of her last name and Danny's attachment to Lisa. Lisa felt like Danny smothered her and complained too much about being "Mr. Presley." What was she to do? There wasn't much she could do. Every other day seemed to be an argument. Their last one is what drove her to leave Clearwater and find a home back in Los Angeles.

"What the hell has gotten into you, Dan?"

"What's gotten into me? You! You walk around like your more important than me! I'm sorry that I ain't famous and my daddy ain't famous! You can at least pretend like you care that I have feelings!"

"What?  And you're like Scientology royalty. You forgot who your parents are?

"My parents aren't Elvis. Do you still love me?"

"Are you kidding me right now? We just had a son."

"That wasn't planned! And you know it!"

Lisa looked at Danny and covered her mouth with her hand. Ben wasn't planned, but neither was Riley. Most married couples don't use protection, but he never said this about their daughter.