Gone Too Soon

Fifty concerts. How the hell was he going to pull off fifty concerts? Apparently a contract was signed and he agreed to do fifty concerts. He wasn't a kid anymore and he felt every ache and discomfort. His back had been killing him and his feet felt sore. His vision was starting to fade and the scars from his burns still bothered him. His lupus and vitiligo flare ups were even more intense. With all that, the worse thing he was dealing with, lack of sleep. His mind would race a million miles an hour. His body could never shut down. His life was different. He was a father of three children. He enjoyed the role of being a father, but something was missing. As much as he loved being a father, he missed the feeling of being in love. 

His life had definitely spiraled out of control. It started with Bashir documentary and of course the Arvizo case damn near killed him. Nothing good came out. He was arrested in front of the world. Even the non guilty verdict didn't satisfy him. He should of never been accused in the first place. There was one good thing that came from the case, Lisa Marie called to check on him. That felt good. Hearing her voice and concern always made him feel special. It didn't last. She didn't think he loved her. If she only knew how much he loved her. He struggled with normalcy. She knew it too. She understood him and his world. But she left him over miscommunication, pride, and hurt feelings. Could he blame her? Yes. He did blame her. Of all the people in the world, she saw him. He let her into his world without any rules or inhibitions. He let her see him naked an bare. He put all of himself on her alter. Whatever she wanted, he would of and did giver to her. During the HIStory tour, she asked if she would wear his wedding band, he did. She told him to prove to the world he was in love with her. He did. He wore her necklace, jewelry and bracelet. He didn't shy away from letting the world know who his heart belonged to. It didn't matter. In the end, Lisa left him. 

When Michael heard she remarried and had twins, his heart broke. That could of been their life. He made mistakes. He should of never trusted Debbie. He should of waited, but so many things were at play. His sanity being one of them. He wanted to be a father more than anything. He felt Lisa was lying to him about wanting kids. He listened to the wrong people. He admitted it to himself. It was too late.

June 25th 2009

Michael left rehearsals feeling good. This was the first time his body or voice didn't ache. This concert was going to be his best and final one. He wanted it to be in England. Lisa was in England and maybe she would come to his concert. He was planning on inviting her. He wanted to see her. Michael walked through his rented mansion and greeted his children. He hugged and kissed each of them. Paris wanted to watch a movie with him and Prince wanted him to play a video game. Michael told he would later, after his nap. Blanket was sleeping, Michael kissed him and went to his bedroom. He took off his clothes and put on his favorite set of pajamas. His doctor, Conrad Murray was waiting for him as he got in his bed. Michael looked at the picture of Lisa on his nightstand and smiled a sad smile. He missed her.

"You ready, Michael?"

"Yeah. Double the dose. I woke up last night. I need to rest through the night, Murray."

"Close your eyes and count backwards to ten, Michael."

"Ten, nine, eight, seven..." Michael was sleep. 

English Countryside

Lisa Marie woke up with a massive headache. She felt like a cloud was over her head. She was sad for no reason. She looked outside and of course it was raining.  A strange feeling of discomfort and sadness engraved her. She couldn't explain it. She went to check on her twin daughters. They were sound asleep. Her husband, Michael Lockwood, was also sleeping. She went to the living room and was about to turn on the television when a wave of nausea swept over her. She rushed to the bathroom. She tried to throw up, but nothing came out. What the hell was happening to her? She felt like something died in her. She didn't know what it was. She wasn't sick and she certainly wasn't pregnant. Lisa couldn't go back to sleep. She thought about trying to write a song, but she wasn't feeling it. Lisa turned on her cellphone. She looked down and saw she had thirty missed calls and over hundred unread text messages. What the hell was going on? Just as she was about to open her text messages her phone buzzed. She smiled when she saw John Travolta's name popped up.