Chapter Eighteen- This Time It's Personal

Brooke

"Hey, it's Darren. Sorry I didn't answer your call. Leave me a message, and I might call back."

Once again I got his voice mail. I was trying to give him his space, but it has been 3 days. I wiped my tears away before hugging a pillow. I needed answers. I needed Darren. Someone knocked on the door.

"Hey Brandon."

"Hurry! Darren... Trevor... mom... come on!"

"Wait, what?"

"Darren found out Trevor compelled Mrs. Paxton to commit suicide. Trey has been out for 3 days. I can't get him back."

"Where is he?"

"He is at an old camp, Come on, we have to hurry."

I threw on my hoodie and grabbed my flip flops before slamming the door behind me.

.

.

.

The camp was a mess.

"You locked him in a dog kennel?"

"Yep, and trust me it was not easy, but it was nice having a little pet."

"Go ahead, piss him off more."

Brandon laughed and pushed me in front of Trey. I patted his nose.

Looking into his eyes were hard. They held so much pain and confusion. I knew it was Darren. 

"Please give me Darren back Trey. I miss him. I'm worried about him. I need him."

My voice broke then I fell in front of him. 

"Brooke?"

"Darren!"

I hurried to open the door!

He pulled me into a hug, and I just cried into his shoulder.

"I am so sorry Brooke. I know I've been distant, but it is so hard to deal with all of this."

"You didn't have to do it alone Darren. You shut me out."

He pulled his shorts up before pulling me on his lap. 

"I know, and I'm sorry. I can't shake losing my mom Brooke. I know why she killed herself. I can't risk losing anyone else. Brandon thinks he will go after Mason next, and I agree with him. We have Carnifern."

"What is Carnifern?"

"It's an ancient herb. It will stop Trevor from compelling you."

He dug into his pocket and took out a necklace. 

"Please never take this off Brooke. I can't do much, but I will keep you safe."

He put it around my neck and kissed my cheek before whispering, " I love you."

.

.

.

Mason

I slipped my arm from around Bree and rolled my eyes because I had to go answer the door.

"What do you want Trevor?"

He looked into my eyes and said sternly, "In 15 minutes you will take this knife and sit in that chair. Then you will stab yourself in each leg 46 times. Also, make sure you don't scream."

"I will take this knife and stab myself in each leg 46 times without screaming."

"Good boy."

He smiled before walking out of the door. I blinked a few times before trying to remember what was happening, but my mind came up blank each time.

.

.

.

Brandon

"Of course I would get caught in a red light in an emergency!" 

When I got to Darren's house I barged through the door to make sure everyone was okay, but I walked in a moment too late. Mason was sitting on a kitchen chair with a knife in his hand and blood running down both of his legs.

"Come on man! Snap out of it!"

"I will take this knife and stab myself in each leg 46 times without screaming."

"Mason, what are you talking about?"

I had to pry the knife out of his hand. I ran upstairs, but once again I got there too late.

"Bree! Come on Bree! Wake up!"

There was a whole bottle of Oxycontin beside her. I picked her up bridal style and brought her downstairs.

"Mason! Where are the others?"

"They all went out of town after Mom's funeral."

Good, Nat, Meygan, Logan, and Michael weren't around, but we only had a few minutes to get their Carnifern to them. I dug into my pocket and slid the ring onto his finger. 

"What happened to her?"

"Come on, Trevor compelled her to overdose! We have to get her to the hospital."

Mason took her from my arms and ran her to the truck. I think we passed up every red light getting to that hospital.

.

.

.

Brooke

"Darren! We have to get to the hospital quick. It's Bree."

___

___

___

The End, now the only question is, will she stay or will she go? I am also almost done with this story. Should I make a sequel ? 

Read

Vote

Comment

Love My Readers,

Kay