Chapter 2

Cornelia ran toward her history class. She finally reached the door and rushed inside.

"Welcome to class Miss Hale, please take your seat." Mr. Collins said.

Cornelia went to sit at her desk beside Will.

"Why were you gone?" She asked Cornelia

"Some idiot bumped into me twice. He made me SO late." Cornelia said getting angry thinking about him.

"Oh well at least you're here now."

***

He carefully knocked on the door.

"Come in."

Caleb went into the office.

"Ah, you must be Caleb Fletcher. We've been expecting you!" Miss. Knickerbocker said "Have a seat."

"Uhm thank you Miss" Caleb said and sat down.

"In a few minutes a teacher will come, and he'll take you on a tour and then later your hostess will take you home. You'll both meet here."

Hostess? "Uhm... Hostess?" Caleb asked

"Yes, but don't worry Miss Hale, is a very talented and nice girl. She's a straight A-student, and she participates in many school projects!"

"You mean she's very popular?"

"Yes she is. Now no more questions!"

There was a knock and the door opened. A tall man walked into the office.

Caleb got up and shook the man's hand.

"Hello sir, my name is Caleb Fletcher."

"Hello Caleb, my name is Jack O'Neill. And I'll be your gym teacher. And maybe your coach if you join one of the teams."

***

"So are you excited to see the new girl?" Elyon asked as her and Cornelia walked down the halls.

"Oh I'm thrilled." Cornelia said coldly

"Hey! What's wrong?" Elyon asked, knowing her best friend in and out.

"Okay Elly you can't tell the others. Not even Alex!" Cornelia said, panicking.

"Hey, calm down... I won't tell anyone you got my word." Elyon said.

They stopped in the hallway.

"It's not a girl. It's a guy! Elyon, I'm gonna have a guy living in my room!" Cornelia said hysterically.

Elyon hugged Cornelia shocked. "It's a guy? But what did your mother say?"

"She was the one insisting on him staying!"

"I'm sorry to hear that."

"Yeah, well I have to go and meet him... Wish me luck!" Cornelia said and walked off.

"Good luck!"

***

Cornelia ran off to the office. She knocked on the door and went inside.

"Oh hello Miss Hale, please take a seat. I'll just be back in a few minutes. Do you know when your mother will be here?" Miss Knickerbocker asked.

"Uhm maybe in ten minutes..." Cornelia said.

"Alright"

Two minutes later someone went inside the door. Cornelia turned her head and her face went cold. The guy from earlier.

Oh please tell me this is a joke. Caleb thought as he saw who was sitting in the office. Well I mean she's HOT. She's popular all over the school. And then she isn't a whiner. She's tough, and cold as ice. But her eyes are beautiful. Sapphire blue I think. And her hair. And gosh her body, wow!

"Would you please stop staring?" Cornelia hissed.

"Sorry..." Caleb mumbled. Even though she is an annoying ice princess I really hope she's my hostess.

"Still starring!" Cornelia said annoyed.

"Well could you blame me?" Caleb smirked.

Cornelia didn't know what to answer, so she pulled her hair away and turned her face the other way.

Miss Knickerbocker walked inside the office again. "Well hello Mr. Fletcher. So now that you've met Miss Hale, we only need her mother and then it's all settled."

Caleb almost jumped in his chair. YES! He thought.

Cornelia nearly fainted. What!? She thought.

Mrs. Hale walked in the door. "Good afternoon Miss Knickerbocker."

"Hello Mrs. Hale. Mr. Fletcher, this is your new guardian."

"Hello Mr. Fletcher," Cornelia's mother shook Caleb's hand.

"Hi, Mrs. Hale thanks for taking me in," Caleb said politely.

Such a jerk, playing up a fake façade, Cornelia thought.

"You're welcome."

***

At the Hale's residence later an awkward silence lingered between the two teens.

"Cornelia, will you show where you're gonna sleep?" Mrs. Hale asked

Cornelia huh? Caleb thought, well that's quite pretty.

"Whatever," Cornelia went into her room, and Caleb followed

His eyes narrowed. The walls were baby pink, very girlish. There were teddy bears, and many other girl things.

"Yeah thanks for the tour now where am I gonna sleep?" Caleb asked.

Cornelia felt her body getting angry. "On the extra bed you dumbass! This is my room and I have to share it with you!"

"Serious?"

"Yes, but I don't mind at all if you rather wanna sleep on the couch, in the living room!" Cornelia smirked and flopped down on her bed.

Caleb glared at her and sat down on the extra bed.

***

Later after dinner in Cornelia's room, Cornelia was brushing her hair in her nightgown. Her sapphire blue eyes weren't sparkling anymore. She yawned and pulled off the bed sheet. As she looked down at her right hand she saw something missing. Her ring.

Oh no. Please say it's there! She pulled off the covers and lifted her pillows.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no!" Cornelia shrieked.

Caleb walked confused out of the bathroom.

"What's up Blondie? Are you moving sleeping place?" Caleb joked.

Cornelia turned furious with tears in her eyes. Caleb looked shocked at her.

"No! I'm not moving!"

"What's up, why are you crying?" Caleb approached her. "Wanna talk about it?"

"I lost my ring okay? My cousin gave it to me the day she died! She was my idol! I looked up to her! And then she got cancer and died. The ring is the only thing I have left from her! And now I can't find it, I've lost it! And I do not wanna talk about it with an idiot like you!" Cornelia cried.

Caleb went to his jeans and pulled out the ring. He gave it to her. "You dropped it when you ran away from me..." He went to his bed and pulled off his T-Shirt so he only had his sweatpants on. "And by the way my name is not an idiot or jerk, it's Caleb." He laid down on his bed and closed his eyes.

Cornelia looked after him astonished. She put on her ring and got under her covers.

"Goodnight Caleb." She whispered.