Chapter 4

After school the whole group was walking together.

The guys were walking in the front discussing some party or something like that, while the girls were walking in the back talking about Caleb.

"Have you noticed how girls stare after Caleb?" Hay Lin asked. "It's like he's you, just male..." Hay Lin said to Cornelia.

"Yeah, I've already told her that," Elyon said.

"Well he is hot," Irma said with a smug smile.

Cornelia snorted, "You're blinded by his stupid charm, behind that pretty-boy face he's an evil creature from another planet send down just to ruin my life!"

Will and Taranee laughed loudly. Irma was crying from her laughs. Elyon was trying to hide her giggle, but failed and Hay Lin was completely amazed by the way Cornelia insisted she didn't like him at all.

"It's not funny!" Cornelia said stubbornly.

"Yeah right." Will said.

***

The gang had all been together at The Silver Club.

The club was something Hay Lin had made in the basement below the restaurant for the gang to hang out in. They used it all the time, but only those who had a Silver Pass could come inside. And now Caleb had just got one. He was officially a part of the group of friends.

Cornelia said goodbye and began walking.

Caleb saw that and sighed. "Gotta go guys, my keys have decided to go home" He said and the guys laughed.

"Bye man, see ya."

Caleb ran up to Cornelia and they walked in complete silence home. Cornelia unlocked the front door and they went inside.

Caleb dropped his bag on the floor, and went into the kitchen to take a glass of water.

Cornelia sat down on the couch and turned on the TV. She pulled off her boots and jacket. Then she relaxed and pulled out her hair.

Caleb watched her from the kitchen door fascinated. He shook his thoughts. I don't like her. She's a spoiled selfish girl who is irritating me like hell.

"Wanna hear a secret?" Cornelia asked while flipping over to her favorite channel.

"Uhm... I don't know..." He then shrugged, "Sure why not?"

"I LOVE Ice Skating."

"Okay?"

"No seriously," she looked at the girl skating on the TV. "It's the most beautiful sport there is."

***

One week passes; Pissing each other off.

Cornelia was sitting in math with Taranee and Hay Lin.

"So! Hay Hay" Cornelia said and Hay Lin looked startled. "Heard the latest news?"

"No... I'm not as good with rumors as you." Hay Lin said smiling smug

"That's true." Cornelia grinned. "Wanna hear it?"

Hay Lin looked at the black board. "Sure why not?"

"Caleb and his big ego have swallowed the whole school. I swear I wanna kill him." Cornelia got mad just thinking about him. "All the girls are head over heels in love with his body and it's so... disgusting."

"I'm not sure that's right," Hay Lin mumbled looking at the teacher.

"What? Hay Lin, are you even listening?!" Cornelia asked her friend, frustrated.

"Yes Miss Lin?" Mrs. Green asked.

"Oh I'm sorry... I... uhm" Hay Lin looked at the board. No it's right I was wrong.

"No, never mind I was wrong."

Cornelia sighed. Definitely not listening.

***

Two weeks passes; Fighting.

"You've been inside that freaking bathroom for a half hour now! Get your ass out of there! I haven't even brushed my teeth!" Caleb hit the door irritated.

Cornelia made kissing-lips into the mirror. "So what? It's my bathroom!"

"You can't keep using that! Now get out!"

Cornelia went out.

"You had to be in there for a half hour to get to look like that?!" Caleb asked.

"Idiot."

"Egoist."

"Jerk!"

"Bitch!"

Cornelia gasped.

***

Three weeks passed; Not talking to each other.

It was Friday, the last day of school for the week, and the girls were walking down the hallway. Cornelia and Elyon were discussing something in Biology when Cornelia stopped up.

"How... disgusting!" She shrieked.

"What?" All the girls asked.

"That!" Cornelia pointed at some lockers in front of them.

The girls followed her gaze, and there up against the lockers, Caleb was making out with one of the cheerleaders.

"Oh god my eyes." Cornelia complained.

"Uhm Corny, isn't that your locker?" Irma asked carefully.

"No!" Taranee hit Irma's arm. "Now they're gonna fight again... It's SO tiring!"

Cornelia stormed over to her locker.

The cheerleader and Caleb broke apart. Oh great, Caleb thought.

"You better go babe, I think there's a storm coming..." The cheerleader waved and left.

Cornelia went all up in his face.

"YOU! That was incredibly disgusting. Not only was it super inappropriate, but it was against MY locker!" Cornelia was very angry. "MY LOCKER!" The whole hallway turned toward the show.

"I'm getting so tired of you! And you haven't even lived a month in my house, and god knows how long you have to stay!" Cornelia said sadly. "I told you from the start, to hold a low profile, be nice to me and don't be so... so... YOU! Don't be you, be someone else. Be like Martin or Eric! Nice boys, who haven't been in trouble and who go to school nicely!" Cornelia felt her body stress. "You've definitely crossed my line many days ago! So stop it already!"

"And why should I listen to you? Because you're the most popular girl in school huh?"

"Oh no, here we go again," Elyon said.

"Because all the girls are so jealous of how you look? Or because all the boys drool every time they see you? Because you think that you can control me because I live at your house?" Caleb said, just as pissed off as her. "Or is it because you're just a miss perfect? An ice queen? A selfish, blonde BITCH!?"

(Gasps)

The whole hallway went silent.

The girls looked shocked at Caleb. They looked worried at Cornelia.

Cornelia felt hurting tears running down her cheeks, leaving burning marks. Then she began to hit his chest. As hard as she could, but to Caleb it wasn't hard at all, just irritating.

"God I hate you!" she hit him again. "I really truly hate you." Hit. "Hate you." Hit. "Hate, you hate you, hate you!" She hit and hit and hit him, until he took her wrists.

"Stop it," he said, getting mad.

"No!" She tried to get free.

"Yes."

"No!"

"Yes!"

"JERK!" She got free and ran out of the hallway with everyone staring at her. But for a whole other reason this time.