I can use Magic, So What?

After the incident—well, Ainsley wasn't sure if it was an incident truly. Mayhap it was only a coincidence that Hans had entered when he summoned a huge icicle and stabbed the wall with it. Or it wasn't. But Ainsley knew that it wasn't a good thing. Hans is now pacing back and forth in his room biting his thumb. Mumbling on how unbelievable it was for Ainsley to get the ice attribute. Ainsley is a hundred percent sure that it wasn't a good thing. "Hans..." he called out to the anxious male.

Hans jumped out of shock, not expecting that the child would call out to him. "What is it, young master? And I do apologize for the horrible way I was acting earlier. I was not myself," he said. Immediately saying his sorries to the young child.

"Is it bad?" Ainsley asked, straightforward, and see if it was indeed bad or not. Cause if it was, Ainsley will have to wait until he's older to use it publicly. More likeably in school. That is if he can go to one. With the setting and all, getting to a school without the backing of his father, who's a noble, would be almost impossible. Sure, he has heard of stories where illegitimate children and commoners were able to enter schools because their parents allowed them to do so. However, Ainsley isn't sure if the original's father was that nice. And the fact that Hans hasn't answered his question yet would only mean one thing; Yes. It is a bad thing that Ainsley knows magic. Specifically, the magic of ice attribute.

Hans soon shook his head, "Of course not! This is a wonderful thing! Not many can use magic and use it so casually as the young master did earlier, it's the most wonderful! I... I just prefer if young master inherited his father's water magic, that is all..." Ainsley isn't sure of the answer. Knowing magic is a good thing but it would be better if he had water magic? Like hell that would be a good thing. To know and use water magic, Ainsley could only grow bitter. That would be a reminder of how he lived right now. Stuck in a room without anyone to play with. Hans is here but he has duties to do. The man can only be here for a few hours before leaving. And the food! What child can grow healthy with the food he's being served!? The sheets—oh god, the sheets. Ainsley would rather sleep out in the wild to sleep with the smell of barf all over him. What if Ainsley gets used to it and can't smell how bad he smells? If having ice magic is a bad thing and a sore spot of this family, then Ainsley is for sure going to get up on a stage and show them. But not right now. He's a child. Not sure of how many years, a child nonetheless. To battle up against the original's father in his current condition is courting death. There's no way that Ainsley is willing to die before he shows this original's family how capable he is. At least let him slap the original's father before he dies.

Ainsley thought of something. What about the original's mother? Ainsley was used to having one parent that he forgot about the original's mother.

"Where's my mother?" It was a sudden question, yes, Ainsley knows that. The sudden shift from the topic earlier to this was almost a whiplash. However, he needs to know if the mother is on his side or not. After all, what kind of mother would leave their child like this? Ainsley was so used without a mother that he forgot that the original might have one. Or a step-mom? He's heard stories of how cruel stepmothers can be.

"The duchess..." Ah, so Ainsley wasn't an illegitimate child that was born out of wedlock. But a child from the duchess herself. Then how is that this is his current situation right now? Did the duchess didn't have black hair? Or green eyes? What was it that would make not only his present life but the original's life a living hell? "The duchess has passed away a long time ago. Six years have passed if I remember correctly." So, what you are saying is that Ainsley is currently six years old? And this is his life? Ah, Ainsley would rather die now. What a miserable life this soul has. To suffer like this at only six years old, Ainsley wouldn't be surprised if the original had grown suicidal. Or committed suicide. Who wouldn't? With a life like this, death is the only escape that anyone can think of.

Hans glanced at the child in front of him and couldn't help but sigh. He knows how hard it is to have a life like this. Hans didn't even have a hard time living as a commoner. Sure, he has to work twice as hard to even work for the Duke of Randall. He needs to make sure that he still remembers his training and not mess up. One mistake and you're out. That's what many of the servants say that was working for the Randall Family. And comparing between his life and the child? Hans for sure would prefer to be a commoner than to live like this. It's... deteriorating. Hans sighed, hesitantly bringing the child into his embrace. Slowly wrapping his arms around the child. Once the younger one settled in his arms, Hans sighed in relief. Happy that the child didn't push him away. "Don't worry, young master. The duchess has left me to attend to your needs. I will do my best to achieve all of those and make sure you grow to be a respectable bachelor with ladies in tow waiting for you to ask their hand in marriage!" That wasn't true. The duchess wasn't able to utter a single word since the birth of the twins, let alone see or hold her children. It's such a cruel life, really. If only the child inherited more features from his mother, he, too, could be spared from this horrible life. Like his older twin. The only reason that Neil (the name of the older twin) was able to live so luxuriously and comfortably was due to his resemblance to the late duchess.

"Okay..." A lie or not, Ainsley still felt at peace whenever Hans did this. It reassures him that at least someone was at his side. Was at the original's side. Leaning his head on Hans' chest, Ainsley felt as if he was back at his previous life. There was always someone at his side. Righting his wrongs, believed every word he said, and lend his shoulder to cry on. It was a senior student. They met on the first day of school at lunchtime. Ainsley was alone as always; his siblings knew that he liked to be alone when eating so they left him. Respecting his privacy. Then, a senior student only a year above him sat in front of him. Introduced himself and started a one-sided conversation. Ainsley wasn't sure when or how he got used to the man's presence. At times, Ainsley found himself indulging in the moments where they would be together. Soon, their group of two turned into three. Meeting a child of Ainsley's year and age.

A transfer student, the identity that Ainsley associated the man with until they became friends. As strange it was, they were and are friends. Ainsley doesn't know how they went from strangers to friends. Yet, they are.

Hans slowly parted away from the child, petting the child's head. "How about we practice writing for today? Reading and learning difficult words is too much for the young master to handle. Let's take it slow, okay?" Hans knew how enthusiastic the child is to learn how to read. Ainsley already knows how to read but he's willing to play along. Slow and steady. This is similar to when he's learning how to write. Ask a bunch of questions and read slowly like how a child would. He needs to play the part of a six-year-old, after all.

Nodding, "Okay..." Soon thetwo gathered up the materials that they need and hid the books in one of thedrawers of the desk. Coincidentally, Ainsley also saw another journal that washidden under all of the other journals. The only reason that Ainsley tooknotice of it was because of how old it looked. Regardless, he put it at theback of his mind and focused on writing. With the effort he put in, it wasn't asurprise that Ainsley was able to write neatly. The sentences were alsostraight. At first, Ainsley was distraught at the fact that he couldn't writestraight so he forced himself to put more effort in. If he wants people to lookat him as someone capable, neat handwriting is needed.