Prologue

Akashi Seijuro had never thought he'd fall in love.

He was to be the prestigious next heir of the Akashi Family, and he'd heard enough from his father that when he was old enough, he'd have a fiancé so they could have kids that would succeed the Akashi Family as well. Akashi wasn't too happy about being used for breeding, but he had no choice but to obey his father.

That didn't mean he had to actually like who he'd be married to.

From the day those words came out of his father's mouth, Akashi avoided girls, although it was hard to do so when you're rich, famous and pretty damn hot.

He avoided girls and didn't want any sort of relationship with them, yes, but he didn't expect his first love to be a guy.

The boy he fell in love with had a small stature and a low presence. He didn't stand out, but that's what made Akashi interested in him. Not to mention he was kind of cute too.

That was also the moment when Akashi confirmed he was definitely gay.

Kuroko Tetsuya, a player in Teiko Middle's basketball team, third string and Akashi's first love. Soon after he earned a rightful place as a regular with Akashi and four other players, the six of them making up the 'Generation of Miracles'.

Kuroko had always piqued Akashi's interests. He didn't have an aura that radiated strength and power like the other Generation of Miracle members, but had more of a quiet and mysterious air around him. When was Akashi going to tell him he had feelings for him? Only time will tell. Akashi wanted to wait for the right moment because after all, he is absolute.

And wait for the right moment he did.

Years slowly passed by, and Kuroko and Akashi grew up into working young adults. Akashi was to be the heir of the Akashi Company, and since he couldn't bear leaving Kuroko, he offered him a job at his company which the said young man humbly accepted.

Then the right moment came, and that was today, 31st January, Kuroko's 20th birthday.

This is the right time, Akashi mused. Confessing to Tetsuya on his birthday is a sure score.

And that's what he did. As everyone was leaving after work, Akashi confronted Kuroko, gently grabbed his hands in his and confessed, spilling out all of his love-filled words smoothly and calmly.

Kuroko just stood there shocked for a moment, and Akashi nearly doubted himself until the teal head smiled. "Akashi-kun...I love you too."

"Tetsuya call me by my name now." Akashi smirks and Kuroko sighs. "Seijuro-kun, I love you too. Ever since middle school."

It was the best day ever for the both of them...

...And the worst.

Akashi didn't see it coming. It was all so unexpected. On the day he confessed to his first love, and on his first love's 20th birthday, his said first love was gone.

They were leaving the office while talking to each other, a warm feeling surrounding them that made onlookers feel like those two could never be separated, and they'd live as a couple happily ever after.

They were wrong.

A strong gust of wind unraveled the scarf around Kuroko's neck and carried it onto the middle of the traffic road, and that scarf just so happens to be Kuroko's favourite as it was a gift from Akashi in High School.