Chapter 2: Emotionless

Black.

Everything around him was black. It was dark, and he couldn't see anything at all.

"Why am I--"

He was cut off when a soft voice that sounded strangely familiar spoke.

"Seijuro-kun, how are you?"

"Who are you?" Akashi asked, his voice not wavering. "Explain. Now. I've dealt with more than enough for a day already and I don't plan to put up with anymore trash." Which was true. He wondered what his father would say if he caught news of an Akashi, even worse, his own son, crying in public.

The owner of the voice seemed to click his tongue; not in annoyance, but more like in amusement.

"What happened to the calm, collected and absolute Seijuro-kun? You need to calm down, Seijuro-kun."

Akashi grit his teeth angrily. He used to be that Akashi Seijuro. But after what happened to Kuroko he...

"None of your business," he says, trying to put a bit of a bite in his tone to cover up his sorrow. "Now explain. What am I doing here, and how do you know my name?"

He heard a sigh before the voice continued. "I won't tell you how I know your name, and there's no actual answer to the first question when you're dreaming, Seijuro-kun."

Dreaming? Akashi tried to force himself to wake up, but it wasn't working. Normally he was able to do so with little effort, but now he felt as if something was trying to stop him from waking, as if it wanted him to stay and observe what was going to happen next.

Giving up, the red head frowns at the darkness before him. "Fine. Then tell me who you are."

"Kuroko Tetsuya. He was supposed to be dead, but you just met him a while ago, is that right?" The voice obviously avoided Akashi's question, but the red head could care less.

"You don't sound like you're asking me for a confirmation on that event. You sound like you already knew what happened."

"Do you want Kuroko Tetsuya back, Seijuro-kun?" His words were clearly getting ignored by now, though Akashi suddenly wasn't that aware. He was more confused by the way the owner of the voice asked that question. Was it just him or did it sound...hopeful?

"Of course I want Tetsuya back. He's my first love. I wouldn't want any other man in my life."

"And you only want Kuroko Tetsuya back because he was your first love? So you can feel less guilty on what happened? So you can put your feeling of longing at ease?"

"Do you think I'm that low? You don't know me, nor do you know Tetsuya. Tetsuya is, and always will be, the only person in my life to make me smile."

The voice hummed in satisfaction. "You can bring him back--"

"Tell me how. Now."

"Calm down, Seijuro-kun. Recklessness leads to mistakes, and mistakes can be fatal."

Akashi's eyes widened a fraction.

"Seijuro-kun, leave them be. If you get into a fight...recklessness leads to mistakes, and mistakes can be fatal."

"You can bring him back, but it'll be hard."

"I don't care. I'll do whatever it takes."

"Even if it means losing him twenty times?"

"What--?!"

"To get Kuroko Tetsuya back, Seijuro-kun, you'll have to make twenty reincarnated Kuroks of different personalities fall in love with you before they die and the next reincarnation replaces them. Each reincarnate have different time limits before their death as well; some ranging from a week to three days. Maybe even one day. If you fail to make even one of them fall in love with you before they die," The voice turned grim. "Kuroko Tetsuya will never come back to you ever again."