Chapter 4: Joy Comes Naturally

Looking up, he observed everything around him. The weather was nice, and the sun was giving off rays of warmth that could lighten anyone's spirits. Everyone was having a fine time talking to their friends, shopping, or any of the sort.

Everyone but him.

How could he? Akashi Seijuro had just witnessed Kuroko die. Again.

It was nerve wrecking, watching his lover die again and again. Even worse, knowing that Tetsuya would eventually die and it would be beyond his power to save him.

He clenched his fist as scenes from what happened last night swirled around his mind, as if taunting him that Kuroko was so close, yet so far.

Would he have to face this nineteen more times? This was torture. This was literally hell.

But what could he do about it?

He sighs, and brushes his bangs out of his face. He was currently oustside Maji Burger that was located just infront of the road Kuroko's death took place. He suspected all of his reincarnates would appear here.

It was a Saturday after all. He could use the day off to get to know the new reincarnate.

'I really miss Tetsuya,' he thinks to himself, his mind drifting aimlessly as he did. 'And of course, I'm already missing the first reincarnate...'

Akashi smiled bitterly at those memories. The first reincarnate might not have been exactly Kuroko, but he was still a part of Kuroko. He was as endearing as his teal headed lover, and Akashi was glad that he was the one who managed to show him what love was.

'He...'

"What's the feeling?"

'He was...'

"Akashi-kun...thank you for letting me know what the feeling is now. The feeling to make me smile."

'He was the first reincarnate.'

"I love you Akashi-kun."

'He was the beginning of my adventure to bring Tetsuya back.'

"Akashi-kun, don't forget me."

Akashi would've broken down once more. Those memories he had with the first reincarnate was now all in the past as he was already...gone.

He was snapped out of his daze by a tap on the shoulder.

"Ano..."

Blinking, Akashi adjusts his gaze on a mound of fluffy teal hair, before realizing it was him.

The second reincarnate of Tetsuya.

"You seem to be in distress, sir," The reincarnate smiles softly, immediately soothing Akashi. "And it's such a wonderful day out as well. You should smile more."

You should smile more...Akashi remembered how he was the one to often tell that to the first reincarnate once in a while, always lecturing him about his lack of emotion.

"You're right, I'm sorry."

"I couldn't help but realize you're the only one having such a glum expression on, though. Could it be stress from work? But I see so many business workers reacting to the lovely atmosphere today as well. Is there something wrong?"

"Ah...I...lost someone precious to me."

"Oh...my condolences. It'll be alright sir, she's owned a rightful place in heaven."