18

"Yes, would you prefer to ride alone or together?" He offered.

"I don't know how to ride. Dani–" I shook my head. "I could never afford a horse," I explained.

He smiled softly and grabbed a lead to a black horse.

I watched the horse in awe as it strut closer.

"You can pet him." He chuckled when he saw my expression.

"The horse is a boy?" I asked and slowly walked closer, reaching out my hand to touch the muzzle.

The horse sneezed slightly causing me to retract my hand back in shock.

Prince Timothee laughed at my reaction and grabbed my hand in his own, bringing it to pet the horse.

"He is a nice horse. I've had him since I was 15, a gift from my mother. The last gift I received from her before she passed." He explained softly, his hand still on top of mine.

"I'm sorry for your loss," I said sincerely.

"No need to be sorry, she passed peacefully." He smiled and let go of my hand. 

He helped me onto the horse and lifted himself up behind me.

His arms went around me and held onto the lead.

"Apologies for the little room, I usually ride alone." He laughed and gave the lead a tug.

The horse rode slowly through the field.

I held on tight to the handle on the saddle.

"Afraid?" Prince Timothee teased.

"Slightly, you can't blame me. This is my first ride." I stated firmly.

"Ah, well, everyone must try riding a horse through a field full speed." He said and fixed his grip around the lead.

"Wha– AHH!" I shouted when prince Timothee gave the lead a harsh tug and the horse ran. 

Prince Timothee laughed at my reaction and rode us to the top of a hill.

"Quite the fright you gave me." I said and tried to calm my beating heart.

"Come on," He laughed and got off the horse, helping me down.

He led me to the other side of the hill.

"This isn't your plan to execute me, is it?" I questioned.

"Of course not." He chuckled and brought me closer. "We're here."

I looked out into the distance.

It was beautiful.

"It's so beautiful," I said and admired the houses I'm seeing from far away.

"It really is."