26

"Wake up."

"Wake. Up."

"WAKE UP!"

I clutched my head in my hands, my head was pounding.

What happened?

I squinted, my eyesight blurry for a second.

"You're finally awake. " The person's footsteps were loud. "You pathetic bitch. LOOK AT ME!" My head was flung back when my captor pushed it back.

I looked up to my captor to see it was a girl, older looking than I am.

"Where is he?" She angrily walked closer.

Who is she talking about?

"Who?" I managed to say, my head still pounding.

"Don't act daft, you bitch." She stared at me as I stayed silent. She groaned frustrated, scowling, "Daniel." She finally disclosed. "Where's Daniel?!" She grasps my hair between her fist, tilting my face towards hers. "WHERE'S DANIEL!?!"

This was Daniel's mistress...

I averted my eyes to hers, smirking, "Dead."

She slapped my face hard, my head turning to the side at the force. "LIAR! You're lying! He can't be dead! He can't be!"

"Well, he is." I simply said, rolling my eyes at her demeanor.

She burst out crying, sliding onto the floor in front of me. "What am I supposed to do now?" She looked at me expecting me to answer.

Should I be feeling sorry? Because I don't.

She kidnapped me and expects me to give her sympathy.

"How did you get to me? I was in castle grounds." I ignored her outburst and questioned her.

She hiccuped, wiping her tears away, "My brother is the king's guard." She answered truthfully.

"You should let me go–" I started but was interrupted when she stood up.

"I can't let you do that." Her face showed anger again. "You are the reason Daniel never actually loved me. YOU ARE THE REASON HE'S DEAD!" She held her head in her hands as she paced in front of me. "And for that, you must pay." Her expression hardened. She walked towards me forcing me to stand upright, a knife now in her hand.

Where did she get that?

The knife at my throat.

I gulped nervously. Would she actually kill me?

"How– how did he die?" Her tone faltered at the word 'die'.

I took a sharp breath as the knife inched closer to my neck, "Hanged for poverty and not paying back loans." I said lowly. "I never knew about you. He never told me, how was I supposed to know?" I let a tear slip out.

"I always followed him after he came to see us. The way his face lit up when he saw you, the way he greeted you with love that I wanted from him, it was honestly so hard to watch, but after a while I realized him visiting was enough for me because at least he remembered." She smiled a sad smile. Her teary eyes, red. "And when he didn't come to visit this past month, I knew something was wrong. I was right, something is wrong. He's dead! AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT." She screamed, crying.

"Ma ma ma"