20

"Yes," He paused. "I mean, that is if you want." Prince Timothee finished shyly. "I had also had dinner prepared for us while we were gone." He smiled.

I nodded slightly and smiled at his reaction.

He led the way to his room where a table was set in the middle of the room, filled with tons of food.

"You have overdone yourself," I said as he pulled a seat out for me.

"I had forgotten to ask you what your favorite meal was, so I asked the cooks to make various dishes." He smiled and sat across from me.

"That's quite thoughtful, thank you." I thanked and started filling my plate with my favorite foods.

"Anything for you dear." Prince Timothee smiled shyly and looked down at his plate.

"Do you have any interesting stories of your youth?" I asked.

Prince Timothee looked up from his plate and smiled, "I was about 10 years of age when I was finally allowed to court a girl." He paused and looked at my face, searching for a reaction. He continued when I didn't give one, "We walked the village a few miles down. I saw this beautiful girl. She was possibly the same age as me, who would know though? I wasn't allowed to talk to commoners, just there to view how they live. I sometimes wondered what happened to her." He finished.

I smiled tightly, "That's adorable. I too once had taken a fancy on someone I've only seen once before. I was 15 and he was 17." I sipped my cup of tea then continued, "I had tried talking to him, but his mother scowled my way when I approached. So I ran and I never saw him again." I told my story.

"Quite lovely our lives were when we were younger." Prince Timothee laughed and threw his head back slightly.

I laughed with him and finished my dinner.

We continued to tell each other our childhood tales while he finished up.

"Would you like to change into your nightwear?" He asked while the servants cleaned our messes.

"That would be great," I said and he led me back to the closet. 

The closet had no windows and I was a bit afraid of a small dark enclosed space.

"Is it okay if I change out here?" I turned to him and asked shyly.

"It's more than okay."