34

"What is wrong with you?" I shook my head in disbelief. "Are you hearing yourself? You want this little girl to become an orphan? You want to kill the only parent she has left because you killed her father, let's not forget that! What more can you do to ruin that child's life?" I divulged as he let go of my arm.

"It's not the child I'm thinking of, it's you. I don't care what happens to her, I care what happens to you! That child's mother and uncle hurt you, and for that, they shall both pay." He revealed stepping back further and turning around to continue changing.

"So you want her to become like me when I was young? You want her to become a beggar. You want her to grow up with not one single family member." My eyes crinkled in sadness as I remembered my past. "She's barely three," I whispered.

"Why would you say that? You weren't a beggar." He interjected looking back at me, buttoning his shirt, ignoring what I had said about the child.

"How would you know? You never once asked about my family, how my living condition was, or how I was treated. Oh, and I was, in fact, a beggar for your information, and not just an ordinary beggar, an orphan beggar... at the age of nine, I lost both my parents due to them stealing food just for me. They were captured, thrown in jail for who knows how long, all I know is that they're dead. And because of this, I was alone. Alone, cold, and afraid. I was nine years old, I at least knew a little knowledge. Imagine that three-year-old child in my place." I ranted about my life.

How inconsiderate, how selfish.

He stayed silent.

"I should have ran." I blinked slowly, taking in a deep breath. "I should have ran when I had the chance."

"Why would you say that? You said all you could think about was me? You said you loved me." He came closer, panicking about where this conversation was heading.

"Perhaps it wasn't a coincidence I was taken outside the castle, perhaps it was fate giving me that chance."