008

Chapter Seven | Marbles

Seunghee jolted awake from her sleep, once she heard the blaring music filling up her ears. She looked at Seunghoon and Saebyeok who seemed to be just as confused as well. The heavy metal doors opened, revealing the armed guards, as they scattered across the room.

They checked every corner and area of the room, seemingly to be looking for something or someone. Seunghee raised a brow and walked towards her brother.

"Why the fuck are they always waking us up? We need energy to play the games." Seunghoon spoke in an annoyed tone, rubbing his eyes.

"It seems like they're looking for something...or someone. Do you think someone managed to break in?"

Seunghoon laughed and shook his head. "I thought you were supposed to be the smart one. How can someone get in here when us players don't even know where we are?"

Seunghee shrugged her shoulders. "Anything's possible."

Seunghee then raised her hand up in the air in defense when a masked person pointed their gun at her. She and the others walked out of their little barrier and formed a line. A guard looked at each player, directly in the eye.

The stupid classical music that Seunghee always heard when they're about to start a game played as the woman in the PA announced it was time for the fourth game.

One line walked out and soon another line, they walked out towards the game hall and Seunghee stopped dead at her tracks, gasping and widening her eyes.

Four guards and One player were hanged in the middle of the stairs. Seunghee recognised the player's face and looked back at 101's team.

"Players, what you witness before you is what remains of those who broke the rules for their own benefit. They tainted the pure and fair idealogy. Everything here has been built upon each and every one of you is considered an equal within the walls of this facility. You must be guaranteed the same opportunities without being disadvantage or facing any kind of discrimination. We truly apologise for allowing such an unacceptable incident to occur."

"So that's why 101's team kicked out Miyeong to only get strong males on their team..." Seunghoon pointed out, glancing at 101.

The players kept moving forward until they came back to the empty white room they once were in during the tug of war game. The four groups that were remaining stood together. Seunghee slightly jumped when she felt Saebyeok's pinky intertwining with hers. She smiled, also interlocking her pinky against hers then paid attention to the woman in the PA.

"Players, welcome to the fourth game. For this game, you will be playing in teams of two. Please look around and find a player you wish to play with. Please shake your hands, to let people show you two agreed to be together."

-

"Hey, handsome," Minyeo started looking at Gihun. "We should team together. I'm stronger than most guys and I'm actually very smart, I just never got the chance to study!" She continued, but Gihun didn't respond and avoided eye contact.

She turned her back to Sangwoo. "Hey, let me play with you. I'll be your dream girl all night long." Sangwoo sighed and shook his head. "I'm not a regular girl. I can do anything you want. How about it, hmm?" She persuaded, getting closer to his face.