Chapter 9

Another day, another new therapist. Bucky woke up to AJ poking his shoulder, jumping and dropping the book on the floor. "Oh... Morning AJ." He said softly, recognizing the child as no threat to him.

"Hi Uncle Bucky! Do you wanna go play in the sprinkler with me and Cass?" The boy jumped in place, antsy and excited to get those fun moments with the super soldier that had wedged his way into their family, fitting in perfectly.

"Er... Sorry, kid. Ive got an... Appointment today." He apologized, vaguely remembering that Sam set a new therapy appointment for him that day. He wasnt excited, he couldnt rid of the thought that it would be just like the last one, but he would try for Sam.

"Awww man. Okay." AJ whined, running off without another word. He was a good kid, and him and Cass had welcomed Bucky into their home with open arms and treated him like a second uncle. Which technically he was, dating Sam and all, but oh well.

"Mornin Buck." Sam cooed as he walked in from the kitchen, leaning over the chair to kiss Buckys lips softly. "You okay? You werent in bed when i woke up."

"Im okay. Just got restless, came out here to read for a bit." He excused. It was an obvious lie, and Sam knew that, but he wouldnt press on the issue. He wouldnt force Bucky to talk about anything he wasnt comfortable with.

"Okay. Get up and eat, we gotta go in 30 minutes." He informed, holding a hand out to pull Bucky up from the arm chair. The man took it, groaning as his old limbs straightened out and cracked. Sam chuckled and teasted him relentlessly about being an old man.

"Oh shut up, at last i dont look a-hundred 'nd six." He scoffed, slapping a hand to Sams shoulder scoldingly. Sam laughed it off, rolling his eyes as he turned to return to the kitchen. Bucky followed him.

Bucky avoided Sarahs soft, concerned gaze the whole morning. "Hey, what happened to the counter?" Sam had frowned, looking to Sarah. Sarah couldnt help but glance at the super soldier, head down as he ate his pancakes slowly. Sam looked to Bucky and then back to his sister, eyes showing the frown that his face didnt. "Il tell you later," She mouthed. Sam nodded and turned, grabbing a mug for a cup of coffee.

Bucky went back to their bedroom to get ready after he finished eating, giving Sam a kiss on the cheek as he went. When Sam was sure Bucky was out of earshot, he spoke.

"What happened to the counter, Sarah?" He asked, voice low and raspy, but soft. Careful. Sarah sighed.

"I heard somethin out here around one am last night, i came out here and he was curled up on the floor." She looked down with a frown as she explained. "Pretty sure it was a panic attack? Flashbacks or whatever? My guess is he broke it with that cyborg arm of his. Its not his fault, im not upset. It was an old counter anyways." She shrugged. Sam sighed and shook his head, crossing his arms.

"He didnt come to me..?" He near pouted. "I told him to come to me with this shit, so hes not alone. He knows he can, im right next to him every damn night." He mumbled.

"He said he didnt wanna bother you, that youd lost too much sleep because of him. I think hes been doin this for awhile, only getting you for the bad ones. Or the ones that wake all of us up cuz the poor man's screaming." She patted his shoulder.

Sam sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "I just hope the therapy helps... Its beyond my control at this point, i just wish i could help him more..." He mumbled. Sarah smiled sympathetically and nodded.

"He's gonne be okay, Sam. He's got us. He's got you ." Sam chuckled lightly at that and shook his head, pulling her into a hug.

"Thank you..." He mumbled into her shoulder.

"Always, Bro."