Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust: Chpt 14

Vote and comment please 

© jamessica stories; 2010. 

All rights Reserved. 

Reproduction of this story or taking of ideas in any way is prohibited; and illegal

*******************

If you see these *** around speech then that means that Dimitri and Phoenix are talking mind to mind***

*******************

Chapter 14

Consciousness  drifted back to me slowly, it felt as though I was pulling myself out of a fog that didn’t want to let me go. Without opening my eyes I tried to remember what was going on. My head felt so heavy and it hurt to think, so instead I snuggled into the hard body that I was sleeping on…..

What! 

Memories drifted back to me, getting on the Jet, Dimitri feeding me the sleeping pill, his soft lips on mine… 

I moaned at the memory and tried to move. Those lips….

‘she’s waking up.’ someone said. 

I tried to take in my surroundings again, and realised that I was in a vehicle… a car? We were defiantly moving, and it didn’t feel like the plane.  

I moaned again and snuggled even more into the warm body beside me. 

‘ssh, let her sleep.’ someone.. Dimitri said and I realised that his arms were around me and I was sleeping on him.

I needed to wake up before I could embarrass myself even more… but my head…it was killing me and it was really really hard to think. 

‘damn….stupid…pills…head...hurts…’ I muttered into Dimitri’s chest. 

He rocked me and smoothed his cold hand over my overheated forehead. 

‘mmmm…that….feels…good…’ I groaned and I snuggled my head into the crook of his neck so that more of my face could be touching his cool neck.  

‘that’s it, just go back to sleep Ashes.’ Dimitri’s voice like a lullaby did more to sooth me than his cool skin. 

The next time I was Conscious I felt more alive. Thank goodness. I cringed at the thought of everyone witnessing me snuggling with their king while I moaned - even though I was in pain. Geesh, way to go Phoenix.

I realised I was still in Dimitri’s arms and the car was still moving. 

I tried opening my eyes but closed them instantly when I was blinded by the glares of the headlights from the oncoming traffic.

‘where are we?’ I mumbled even as I tried to move away from Dimitri but his arms only constricted and I had no other choice but to stay put for a little longer unless I wanted to draw even more attention to myself. 

‘we’re just coming into Derry.’

The mention of the City closest to my home had my eyes snapping open regardless of their sensitivity. I looked around outside and then smiled. 

‘take a left up at the next roundabout.’ I told Hunter who was now driving. 

‘but the sat-nav says to take a right.’ Blake said as he peered out his window at the darkness. 

‘it’s a new by-pass, it will get us where we are going, and it will take half an hour off the journey. Trust me.’

‘sure thing princess.’ Hunter said.